Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,238 Members 48,579 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Back up Complete "FAILED" in both CWM & TWRP

Tip us?

MESTiSA
Old
(Last edited by MESTiSA; 16th May 2014 at 03:17 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Back up Complete "FAILED" in both CWM & TWRP

Hello,

My Note 2 (SGH-i317) is currently running 4.3 DN3 v 3.1.1 ROM, everything seems to be working fine except I'm not able to back up the current ROM. I have tried CWM v: 6.25.0, 6.26.6 & 6.41.6 \ TWRP v: 2.6.3.1 & 2.7.0.1

Backing up to my external 64GB micro SD (Fat32), they all fail making a back up right before its finished (backing up data...) even if i clear Dalvik Cache right before running the backup.

Im new so i cannot post in ([TOOL/UTILITY][TWRP][ 2.7][RECOVERY] TWRP 2.7.0.1 TeamWin Recovery Project")

Attached is my log file from TWRP v2.7.0.1

E:Error adding file '/data/data/com.android.chrome/cache/Cache/347e5c9ebdd67a41_0' to '/external_sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/42f7ce3d7d979f91/2014-05-16--05-20-40//data.ext4.win000'
I:ERROR tarList for thread ID 0
E:Error creating backup.

HELP!!!

Update:
I think something is wrong with my partitions, its now stating there is no free space on external. Can someone point me in the right direction to fixing\making sure my partitions are correct?
Attached Files
File Type: txt recovery.txt - [Click for QR Code] (389.4 KB, 8 views)

gregsarg
Old
Thanks Meter 3,554
Have you tried another sd card ??
It's possible that your card has been corrupted or is damaged...

You should attempt a complete format of the card to FAT32 and try again ???....g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
" There are Givers, and there are Takers. Be a Giver, and these things will come back to you. "......................g

And please, donate to your favorite developer...
Without them, we'd be writing on rocks with a stick...g
The Following User Says Thank You to gregsarg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MESTiSA
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thx for taking the time,

swapping\reformatting micro SD was the first thing i tried, from a 46GB to a 32GB to a 16GB, still same issue!

This is not my main smartphone so i can keep working on it but the fact i cant make a backup has me a bit frustrated and worried about anything going wrong in the future.

I just got used to always having a "SAFE" backup as plan A!

could anyone tell me the "TEMP" location of the backup file before recovery moves it to the external SD?