Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 50,162 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone reboots during calls

Tip us?
 
ATSPerson
Old
#1  
ATSPerson's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 211
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Leigh-on-Sea
Default [Q] Phone reboots during calls

Recently my One S has started to reboot during calls if they last more than about 4 or 5 minutes.

I'm on CM11 09/05, but his has happened also on M4 and 08/05. Kernel is stock.

I thought at one point it might be down to a new sim card I'm using but the issue started before the original was replaced
I haven't managed so far to get a logcat but will try to reproduce and get one. In the meantime anyone have any ideas?
HTC One S - S-Off, oh yes!
 
Rapier
Old
#2  
Rapier's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,615
Posts: 3,481
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bucharest

 
DONATE TO ME
Try with another kernel like IceCode or Bubba. I had some reboots during calls also in the past but changing the kernel helped

Sent from nowhere over the air...
Don't force it...use a bigger hammer!

HTC One S - AOSPA Legacy 4+ / CandyKat
HTC Desire S - IceColdSandwich
HTC Legend - CyanogenMod V7.1.0 (sold)
 
benJX
Old
#3  
benJX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 54
Posts: 215
Join Date: Dec 2010
Perhaps a radio issue ?
 
tetakpatak
Old
#4  
tetakpatak's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,607
Posts: 3,183
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lucerne
Try some good custom kernel. Without a logcat nobody will know what is the reason anyway.

tetakpatalked from Nexus 7 flo
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * my threads on XDA forum: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
i9000 full guide, N7100 / t0lte dual-boot FAQ thread, S8000 JÚt dual-boot full guide, ADB & fastboot install guide for Ubuntu
 
LibertyMonger
Old
#5  
LibertyMonger's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 828
Posts: 3,412
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cincinnati
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATSPerson View Post
Recently my One S has started to reboot during calls if they last more than about 4 or 5 minutes.

I'm on CM11 09/05, but his has happened also on M4 and 08/05. Kernel is stock.

I thought at one point it might be down to a new sim card I'm using but the issue started before the original was replaced
I haven't managed so far to get a logcat but will try to reproduce and get one. In the meantime anyone have any ideas?
My mom's phone started doing this after I flashed the 1.35 radio so I flashed back to 1.20 and think it is fine now. That 1.35 radio is not meant for our phone I do not think it works properly.
 
ATSPerson
Old
#6  
ATSPerson's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 211
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Leigh-on-Sea
Thanks all. I will look into each of these when I return home from a business trip.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
HTC One S - S-Off, oh yes!
 
tetakpatak
Old
#7  
tetakpatak's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,607
Posts: 3,183
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lucerne
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyMonger View Post
My mom's phone started doing this after I flashed the 1.35 radio so I flashed back to 1.20 and think it is fine now. That 1.35 radio is not meant for our phone I do not think it works properly.
Try to flash your old radio.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * my threads on XDA forum: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
i9000 full guide, N7100 / t0lte dual-boot FAQ thread, S8000 JÚt dual-boot full guide, ADB & fastboot install guide for Ubuntu
 
ATSPerson
Old
#8  
ATSPerson's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 211
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Leigh-on-Sea
Ok back from my travels.

Radio has always been 1.20.

I've used both Ice Code and Bubba a few tomes before. No harm in trying them out again to see if they help.

My own hunch is that the phone overheats, causing a reboot. I've had overheating problems before. What causes the overheating issue I don't know.

Sent from my One S using XDA Free mobile app
HTC One S - S-Off, oh yes!
 
Rapier
Old
#9  
Rapier's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,615
Posts: 3,481
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bucharest

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATSPerson View Post
Ok back from my travels.

Radio has always been 1.20.

I've used both Ice Code and Bubba a few tomes before. No harm in trying them out again to see if they help.

My own hunch is that the phone overheats, causing a reboot. I've had overheating problems before. What causes the overheating issue I don't know.

Sent from my One S using XDA Free mobile app
Heating happens all the time when I use navigation / maps (but I guess it's normal) and also sometimes when charging if I have a custom kernel with "fastcharge" activated. Both Bubba and IceCode have "fastcharge" option so you could try deactivating it.

Sent from nowhere over the air...
Don't force it...use a bigger hammer!

HTC One S - AOSPA Legacy 4+ / CandyKat
HTC Desire S - IceColdSandwich
HTC Legend - CyanogenMod V7.1.0 (sold)
 
tetakpatak
Old
#10  
tetakpatak's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,607
Posts: 3,183
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lucerne
Fastcharge = shortlife

tetakpatalked from the legendary i9000
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * my threads on XDA forum: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
i9000 full guide, N7100 / t0lte dual-boot FAQ thread, S8000 JÚt dual-boot full guide, ADB & fastboot install guide for Ubuntu

Tags
htc one s, random reboot
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Make Text Entry More Efficient with Macro Text Expansion

One of the best things about the modern day smartphone is its ability to save us … more

Fix KitKat WiFi Drops on Your Own

Despite introducing many useful features and overall great performance and enhancements,Android 4.4 KitKat … more

Bring Back Tablet UI on KitKat

Google presented their brand new UI for tablets alongsidethe release of Android 3.0 Honeycomb back in early … more

Give Your Notification Shade a Facelift with these Modding Guides

Modification has always been one of the strong suits of Android, due in … more