FORUMS

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Still waiting for 4.2.2 :(

19th May 2014, 01:23 AM |#1  
Maisam.asif's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
I have A Galaxy s2 Plus NFC phone. The CSC is XEF (France). Since a year i have been waiting for sammobile or samsung-update to put up the updates firmware. Last i checked 5 minutes ago and can confirm that its not there yet. I have also tried OTA, but to no advantage. I am still using 4.1.1

Can I flash any other countries firmware on my 9105P? Like DBT(German) or any other one
Also let me know that if i flash german 4.2.2 firmware on my french phone, will i get modem or signal or any other issues? or flashing won't be possible at all???
 
 
19th May 2014, 04:07 AM |#2  
rs tony's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Joroinen
Thanks Meter: 73
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisam.asif

I have A Galaxy s2 Plus NFC phone. The CSC is XEF (France). Since a year i have been waiting for sammobile or samsung-update to put up the updates firmware. Last i checked 5 minutes ago and can confirm that its not there yet. I have also tried OTA, but to no advantage. I am still using 4.1.1

Can I flash any other countries firmware on my 9105P? Like DBT(German) or any other one
Also let me know that if i flash german 4.2.2 firmware on my french phone, will i get modem or signal or any other issues? or flashing won't be possible at all???

U can flash other country firmware via odin without problems. I have flashed germany firmware

Sent from my GT-I9105P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th May 2014, 05:13 AM |#3  
Member
Flag Brasov
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Yes u can, but if u want to take advantage of ur warranty for repairing phone u need to reflash 4.1...
19th May 2014, 05:33 AM |#4  
rs tony's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Joroinen
Thanks Meter: 73
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooetzee

Yes u can, but if u want to take advantage of ur warranty for repairing phone u need to reflash 4.1...

U can't reflash 4.2.2 to 4.1.2 cuz bootloader

Sent from my GT-I9105P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th May 2014, 05:36 AM |#5  
safariking's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lelystad
Thanks Meter: 4,832
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs tony

U can't reflash 4.2.2 to 4.1.2 cuz bootloader

Sent from my GT-I9105P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Not true you cn go back to 4.1.2

Sent from my GT-I9105P using XDA Free mobile app
19th May 2014, 06:04 AM |#6  
Maisam.asif's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Thanks all. I am downloading 4.2.2 DBT ROM now.
19th May 2014, 09:08 AM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisam.asif

Thanks all. I am downloading 4.2.2 DBT ROM now.

Make sure you get the latest, XXUBNB1.
The Following User Says Thank You to AmoledIsBetter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes