FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] how to deactivate my sim card

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By latitude23, Junior Member on 11th May 2014, 11:59 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi all,
In my galaxy note 10.1 GT-N8000 - Android 4.3 - CyanogenMod 10.2
I have a French sim card and I live in the Philippines.
Apps like "Amazon Store" are sending SMS from my tablet and it costs a lot.

How to simply put my sim card OFF (like "airplane mode" do) without:

- remove the sim card
- install a new app who control access to the sim card
- put the device in "airplane mode"

In the settings I can only uncheck "mobile data" but my purpose is: No call and No SMS.

Thanks by advance for your answers.
Laurent
 
 
18th May 2014, 11:53 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Flag puerto Galera (Philippines)
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by latitude23

Hi all,
In my galaxy note 10.1 GT-N8000 - Android 4.3 - CyanogenMod 10.2
I have a French sim card and I live in the Philippines.
Apps like "Amazon Store" are sending SMS from my tablet and it costs a lot.

How to simply put my sim card OFF

I found it by myself

Just put device in airplane mode who will turn all off
And turn WiFi on.
All will remain off but WiFi...
18th May 2014, 12:22 PM |#3  
Vaibhav Chauhan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dahod, Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 142
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by latitude23

I found it by myself

Just put device in airplane mode who will turn all off
And turn WiFi on.
All will remain off but WiFi...

anothe simple way available
you can disable sim in sim manager setting
just click the use network toggle
19th May 2014, 06:13 AM |#4  
hnkotnis's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
Thanks Meter: 487
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaibhav Chauhan

anothe simple way available
you can disable sim in sim manager setting
just click the use network toggle

That is only available for dual SIM phones. Not in single SIM phones.
19th May 2014, 08:00 AM |#5  
Vaibhav Chauhan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dahod, Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 142
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnkotnis

That is only available for dual SIM phones. Not in single SIM phones.

i don't know if note is single sim but
this is available in my s duos
and its dual sim
19th May 2014, 08:27 AM |#6  
hnkotnis's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
Thanks Meter: 487
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaibhav Chauhan

i don't know if note is single sim but
this is available in my s duos
and its dual sim

Note N8000 is a single SIM phone,
Generally outside India, dual SIM phones are not much popular.

It is available in your Galaxy S Duos because it is dual SIM, it is not there in single SIM Galaxy S. (Or any other single SIM phone).
19th May 2014, 09:16 AM |#7  
Vaibhav Chauhan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dahod, Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 142
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnkotnis

Note N8000 is a single SIM phone,
Generally outside India, dual SIM phones are not much popular.

It is available in your Galaxy S Duos because it is dual SIM, it is not there in single SIM Galaxy S. (Or any other single SIM phone).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes