Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,308 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery life and Standby times stock vs AOSP

Tip us?

lamenramen
Old
(Last edited by lamenramen; 19th May 2014 at 02:16 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default [Q] Battery life and Standby times stock vs AOSP

Hello,

Interested in switching permanently to a cyanogenmod or other AOSP type of ROM.
My problem is that every single one that I've ever tried has really poor battery life, esp with standby battery drain.
I'm installing the roms correctly, b/c they work fine. But how are you guys able to deal with the large hit in battery life? What might I be doing wrong?

Is this just par for the course? Because with stock, it's absolutely not placebo. The battery life is better.

Is this "just the way it is"? I've seen wakelocks, but the guilty culprits are things like calendar, google+, etc, things you just can't delete.

mosespl
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Maybe you could ppst here you battery diagram and screen time etc. Everyone using his phone for their own way. Kitkat has poor battery life compare to jb. You can turn off mobile and wifi and use you phone like ebook reader and you get 7h screentime but when you use your phone normally on kitkat screen gets you 5h. My phone unbranded.stock kk for central europe on better to stay on jb but we can do this always but for now i decided.to stay with kitkat we will see what next updates brings new about battery

Wysłane z mojego D5503 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Tags
battery