Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,121 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't set Network Provider after Nandroid Restore

Tip us?

Mr Davo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Hi All,

I have come to believe that my specific issue is related to the IMEI number of the handset itself. When I transfer the Nandroid backup the IMEI number is not transported along with all of the other phone settings. There are various hacks available for changing an IMEI number but I have not yet had an opportunity to try any of them out.

As a side note if you are running Avast! Anti-Theft I strongly recommend turning it OFF before attempting to fix any signal related issues.

Kind Regards,

Davo
ROM: ViperXL

"Sense 5 has arrived!"

A useful tutorial which explains Installing a custom ROM on the Motorola Defy Using Windows 7 in great detail.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Davo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roberto888
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Davo View Post
Hi All,

I have come to believe that my specific issue is related to the IMEI number of the handset itself. When I transfer the Nandroid backup the IMEI number is not transported along with all of the other phone settings. There are various hacks available for changing an IMEI number but I have not yet had an opportunity to try any of them out.

As a side note if you are running Avast! Anti-Theft I strongly recommend turning it OFF before attempting to fix any signal related issues.

Kind Regards,

Davo
Can it be something about the IMEI? And what is IMEI SV? I have my IMEI, and the IMEI SV is almost the same number, but with another "0" at the and. Is that relevant?