18th May 2014, 02:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Thrissur
Thanks Meter: 7

32 posts
More
Hi Guys,
I bought a new Moto G XT-1033.
But the charging time is very high. Eventough it gets fully charged when I leave it overnight , The battery is drained by 6 in the evening.
I have a Samsung charger rated 5.0V 0.7A , My Tab's charger rated 5.0V 1.5A , And the charger that came with the phone rated 5.0V 550mA

Here are my queries :
  1. Can I can use any of these chargers so that I can charge my phone faster ?
  2. Wll using them damage my battery ?
  3. Does my battery have any problem ? or is it fine ?
  4. Will leaving my phone charging overnight cause any damage ?

All help appreciated
18th May 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 17

70 posts
More
Loocking at your stats I would say you have something around 6h of screen on time, a lot of WiFi and the mobile signal streght is kind of weak.
So your battery is fine. And I seriously doubt that you will mantain such an heavy usage over time. Actually 6h of screen on time in 10h is absurd.
Do you have something like active display?

To answer to the other questions:
1 - You can use your Tablet charger. Moto G supports 1.5A chargers and they will charge your battery much faster.
2 - They will not damage your battery.
3 - Its fine.
4 - No, actually Motorola itself recommends this.
The Following User Says Thank You to rmrbpt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 05:33 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Thrissur
Thanks Meter: 7

32 posts
More
Battery Low
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmrbpt

Loocking at your stats I would say you have something around 6h of screen on time, a lot of WiFi and the mobile signal streght is kind of weak.
So your battery is fine. And I seriously doubt that you will mantain such an heavy usage over time. Actually 6h of screen on time in 10h is absurd.
Do you have something like active display?

To answer to the other questions:
1 - You can use your Tablet charger. Moto G supports 1.5A chargers and they will charge your battery much faster.
2 - They will not damage your battery.
3 - Its fine.
4 - No, actually Motorola itself recommends this.

Hi , I tried my Tabs charger today and the phone is charging faster. But it is getting heated up extensively. The phone becomes REALLY HOT when using it.The Charge/Time ratio for the Tab's charger is 2.105 and that for the original charger is 1.090 . So the 1.5A charger is 2 times faster than the 0.55A charger.

In the end , The final charging is done by the original charger and the second last by the TAB's .
The problem is that the heat is unbearable and I unplugged the phone quickly. And when I disconnected the charger , The pohne still showed that it was still charging ! So I turned it off and left it for 10 mins and then turned it on again. Have anyone else tried this and had similar experiences ?
So I think I will stick with the original charger and buy a charger with ratings in the 1A range.
19th May 2014, 12:35 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 17

70 posts
More
Motorola themselves say that you can use anything with 5V and more than 0,5A so it should be fine.
If it is overheating that much then I wouldn't use it.
Are you doing some heavy stuff on the phone while it is charging?
If you play games while it is charging it may overheat.
Excessive heat and batteries are never a good idea so avoid that charger or avoid doing stuff on the phone while charging.
Right now I'm using a 1A charger from LG and it works perfectly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, charging, moto g
Previous Thread Next Thread