Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Which smartwatch do you guys recommend?

OP niels-cil

17th May 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

63 posts
More
Hello,

I'm planning to buy a Smartwatch but there are so many of them around that I don't know where to start looking.
I want a watch that can give me my notifications and runs android so I can install apps on it.
For which smartwatch should I go or have you guys a list of watches that I can check which watch suits me the best?

Niels
17th May 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 108

1,465 posts
Do a web search on cleardroid smartwatch comparison. That should hive you a start.
18th May 2014, 10:36 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldheld

Do a web search on cleardroid smartwatch comparison. That should hive you a start.

I don't think that this page is up to date.
it doesn't contain Smartq Z and ZGPAX for example.
18th May 2014, 02:30 PM   |  #4  

1,465 posts
True but it is someplace to start. You could PM Cleardroid and ask him to update the pages?
18th May 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Smartwatches
I am also confusing with all the smartwatches that coming out now but after reviewing all the smartwatches I think the best is the AI Watch
cool specs and nice design.
Hesitate between it and the Neptune Pine.
The problem with the Pine is the size

What do you think guys ??
18th May 2014, 10:43 PM   |  #6  

1,465 posts
I was going to buy the Pine but they killed the CDMA version.
19th May 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #7  
Flag Eufaula
Thanks Meter: 21

357 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekwatch

I think the best is the AI Watch cool specs and nice design.
What do you think guys ??

Only issue with the AI Watch I see is I'm pretty sure the final design is 18mm thick. I'd think that'd be hard to cover with a shirt/jacket sleeve and may look bulky. For reference, a dime is 17.9mm wide.
19th May 2014, 06:22 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 15

286 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBowermaster

Only issue with the AI Watch I see is I'm pretty sure the final design is 18mm thick. I'd think that'd be hard to cover with a shirt/jacket sleeve and may look bulky. For reference, a dime is 17.9mm wide.

I think with the latest design they are now talking 16mm. Plus I'm hoping the curved finish should help with shirt sleeves, making it less obvious that something is poking into the sleeve as it were.

Guess it depends a lot on what kind of sleeve fitting you wear. If it is a tight fit sleeve, then yes it would be a problem.
19th May 2014, 01:02 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Smartwatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBowermaster

The AI Watch look very small comparing the Pine or other smartwatches, I see yesterday real pictures in facebook and look pretty good on the guy wrist.
I just measure my G - Shock and it is 18mm and it is not big on me.
I read in Kickstarter that Pine have a lot of issues so I think will take my bet on AI Watch look better and better specs.
My question is what model you are thinking the best ?
quadcore with 1gb or octacore 1gb ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread