Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,401 Members 38,494 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need a longer USB cable and an international charger

Tip us?

hajime_android
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Need a longer USB cable and an international charger

Hello,

The white cable which came with the PRO 12.2 is a bit too short for me. I am looking for one which is about 30-50% longer. Can't find it on Samsung website. Any recommendation? Do thicker cables and cables made of better materials lead to faster charging?

I bought the Note PRO 12.2 LTE in Hong Kong. The charger has 3 legs (one extendable) for the electric outlet. Is there a Samsung official charger or adapter kit that I can use in the US, Japan and China?

Thanks.

lSuperuserl
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hey bud eBay 10ft cables and they have international chargers see them today

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

hajime_android
Old
(Last edited by hajime_android; 13th May 2014 at 01:19 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Thanks but I usually don't buy from ebay. Given the cost of the Note Pro, I am looking for high quality products from well known companies. Ordering through Amazon is fine.

Actually what kind of usb cable came with our PRO 12.2? Is it just a normal USB 3.0 cable? Any specification on its impedance?

hajime_android
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Hello, local stores have the following Samsung chargers. Which one is fully compatible with our PRO 12.2?

USB Travel Adapter for N7100 Galaxy Note II ETA-U90 EWE
Travel Adapter for S4 ETA-U90CBC

Leighm0
Old
(Last edited by Leighm0; 15th May 2014 at 04:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by hajime_android View Post
Hello, local stores have the following Samsung chargers. Which one is fully compatible with our PRO 12.2?

USB Travel Adapter for N7100 Galaxy Note II ETA-U90 EWE
Travel Adapter for S4 ETA-U90CBC
You would be better off with the Samsung Note 3 (N900) Travel Adapter / Charger, and the Note 3 USB3 Cables if you can find them as Official Samsung products.

Here is the Official Note 3 Travel Adapter:
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...EP-TA10JWEQSTA
Amazon have it listed as:
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-21-Pin.../dp/B00K3MH7IS

However the cable length is not as big as the Official NotePRO 12.2 cable, as I have purchased both and the one that comes with the Note 3 Travel Adapter is much shorter.
Phone:
Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (Black) Unlocked
ROM: Project-X LMS v8 ROM + Mods + Additional S5 Apps
Firmware: ADAM 2.3

Tablet:
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE (Black) Unlocked
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 Official Firmware
Firmware: Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to Leighm0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hajime_android
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Thanks, so I just get the Samsung Note 3 (N900) Travel Adapter / Charger and use it with the usb3 cable which came with the Note PRO 12.2?

I was told that the length of usb3 cables from Samsung is <= 5 feet. If I want longer one, I need to go for 3rd party products. Any recommendation? As you may know, some iPhone users used unofficial products and had their phones damaged or got killed. We have already paid a lot for our Note PRO already. It is better to get a good quality cable from reputable company.

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 740
The official charger for the Note 3 is identical to the one of the NotePro. It's called Travel Adapter even straight from the box of the phone itself. It works with the NotePro cable without issue. (I'm using them both interchangably to charge my NotePro and Note 3.)

Apple installed some kind of sensor in their devices that breaks things when they're not using official equipment. Samsung has no such thing. (They tried it with the View covers, didn't go so well.)

Most decent USB 3.0 cables are fine. USB2.0 also shouldn't make any difference in terms of charging speed, it only affects transfer speed.
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowLea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]