Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,541 Members 53,880 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Random reboots fix?

Tip us?

Derekhuff89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] Random reboots fix?

Ive looked everywhere for a solution but cant seem to find one. My N7, currently running CM11, will randomly reboot for seemingly no reason. Sometimes i can go a day or two and nothing but just when i get comfortable, BLAM! Im not particularly worried just frustrated. I dont know what to do and I have read that its sort of common whether stock or custom(ROM). Im debating on trying to revert to stock because i cant seem to remember having this problem before CM, but i really cant be sure. Id rather not revert to stock if im just gonna have this issue but if it seems to work for others then id just go stock. Anyway I guess im saying that I need some advice here on what others experienced or think. Has reverting to stock worked for anyone else? Any other advice/insight would be greatly appreaciated!

-Thanks

BSnapp
Old
Thanks Meter 11
The fix is coming, when Google releases Android 4.4.3, by the end of the month.. Sit tight

--=={BSnapp} ==--

lmacmil
Old
Thanks Meter 6
My stock N7 reboots randomly from time to time. It might go a week or more then reboot twice in one day. No apparent pattern to it.

Sent from my BN Nook HD using XDA Free mobile app

chuimk
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I am experiencing precisely the same issue described in the OP. So I am also pretty interested in knowing if there's a fix.
@BSnapp, how can you be so sure of that upcoming fix? Is there a known issue with 4.4.2 for the N7 that was resolved for the next version? Any sources worth mentioning?

Thanks.

BSnapp
Old
Thanks Meter 11
It's all over the Android news sites that Google is including a fix for the random reboot, plus several other fixes.. Just Google Android 4.4.3 update, and you will find the answers you seek...

--=={BSnapp} ==--
The Following User Says Thank You to BSnapp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]