Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,851 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Safe Strap i467 semi-working

Tip us?

lp894
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Safe Strap i467 semi-working

So, I was looking for safestrap for the note 8(att version) when I came across this:

Note 2 SafeStrap

Considering the note 2 and Note 8 have very similar hardware, I decided to give it a try. It works....kinda. It boots up in landscape mode so you can't see all of the buttons. And the touchscreen is offset. the touchscreen works as if you're looking at it in portrait mode but the display is actually in landscape mode.

I figure this is more progress than anyone else has made. I just know nothing about development and have no idea of where to even start. So if someone wants to take a look at it....be my guest.

By the way, to boot into safestrap, when you see the safestrap logo you have to press the menu button

lp894
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
i wouldn't THINK it'd be that difficult to rotate an app from landscape to portrait but maybe it is?

b3ltazar
Old
Thanks Meter 121

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp894 View Post
So, I was looking for safestrap for the note 8(att version) when I came across this:

Note 2 SafeStrap

Considering the note 2 and Note 8 have very similar hardware, I decided to give it a try. It works....kinda. It boots up in landscape mode so you can't see all of the buttons. And the touchscreen is offset. the touchscreen works as if you're looking at it in portrait mode but the display is actually in landscape mode.

I figure this is more progress than anyone else has made. I just know nothing about development and have no idea of where to even start. So if someone wants to take a look at it....be my guest.

By the way, to boot into safestrap, when you see the safestrap logo you have to press the menu button
safe strap is for phones with a locked bootloader our bootloader ins't locked we have very little use for it. What do ypou want to use it for??

lp894
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3ltazar View Post
safe strap is for phones with a locked bootloader our bootloader ins't locked we have very little use for it. What do ypou want to use it for??
The boot loader is locked that's the reason you can load cwm on it

gooberdude
Old
(Last edited by gooberdude; 14th May 2014 at 03:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:

Note 2 SafeStrap

Sounds like the issue is with the build.prop file. You must edit the file so that ro.sf.hwrotation is set at 270 and ro.sf.lcd_density is set between 180 and 210. Once done everything should look and work fine.

Let me know how it works out for you, and what ROM you are going to load. Just wondering as I may opt to run it on my ATT Note 8.0 some time. Just I have done enough to be happy with it at this time, and don't want to be a guinea pig.

chrisn91
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:

Note 2 SafeStrap

Are u using the Verizon version of safestrap ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium HD app
Sent from my Rooted Note 3
Past phones:
Original iphone
Iphone 3gs
Iphone 4
Iphone 4s
Sony xperia x10
Motorola atrix 2
Sgs3
Sgn2
Sgs4

warriorpluto
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Sounds good. I wonder if any roms are capable with safe strap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using xda app-developers app
my feedback
http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...8-warriorpluto

Originally Posted by xxnitro123
yee ill take screenshots... when i take a pic of the screen it doenst show in the picture because the color interferes with the light

lp894
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisn91 View Post
Are u using the Verizon version of safestrap ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium HD app
Yep. However I traded my i467 for the WiFi version so I don't have it anymore