[Q] Switching models need help

OP sireniankyle

19th May 2014, 07:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Jefferson City
Thanks Meter: 13

91 posts
More
So tomorrow I will be probably going from the n900a to the n900. One issue I'm having is how the n900 and n9005 are halfway mixed together on here, and I don't know which roms and kernels I can safely use. On top of that I don't know what to expect when running it on AT&T (other than a lack of LTE). I go on sammobile and don't know which stock rom I'll need in case of an emergency.

So if anyone could help with guiding me through all of this, I'd appreciate it. I'm 99.99% sure that LTE is out the window. I just want to know what I can do on here. Usually these forums are cut and dry as far as models getting their own section, but international is so different.

19th May 2014, 09:44 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bakersfield, California
Thanks Meter: 2,933

5,197 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up re: phone model
Quote:
Originally Posted by sireniankyle

So tomorrow I will be probably going from the n900a to the n900. One issue I'm having is how the n900 and n9005 are halfway mixed together on here, and I don't know which roms and kernels I can safely use. On top of that I don't know what to expect when running it on AT&T (other than a lack of LTE). I go on sammobile and don't know which stock rom I'll need in case of an emergency.

So if anyone could help with guiding me through all of this, I'd appreciate it. I'm 99.99% sure that LTE is out the window. I just want to know what I can do on here. Usually these forums are cut and dry as far as models getting their own section, but international is so different.

After you get your phone simply go into settings then go to "about",
there you will see the exact model number of your phone.

Once you have that then go to sammobile.com and download
the odin flashable stock official rom for your phone's model.
When looking for a custom rom to flash make sure that it's
compatible with the model number of your phone.

Good luck!
Last edited by Misterjunky; 19th May 2014 at 09:47 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Misterjunky For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 02:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Jefferson City
Thanks Meter: 13

91 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky

Once you have that then go to sammobile.com and download
the odin flashable stock official rom for your phone's model.

Thanks for the reply, but when I go on sammobile there are so many different stock roms from so many countries. None of which are mine. So I don't know if it matters which one I choose. The n900a just had one.

And it really makes it more difficult, for me anyway, when they make n900 and n9005 share a section. I know that n900 has a separate "android development" section, but everything else is combined, and it only serves to confuse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
n900 n900a confusing
Previous Thread Next Thread