Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 46,358 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Player 4.2 Developent - Need Help!

Tip us?

CenterTurkHD
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Galaxy Player 4.2 Developent - Need Help!

Hello fellow users of the SAMSUNG Galaxy Player 4.2!

I just recently received a Galaxy Player 4.2 for free from my brother SerkTheTurk since he got a Moto G, and I am planning to use it as an experimental device for development, since it's not my main device. I've gotten a device tree from SerkTheTurk and I've synced all the repos from CyanogenMod. I just need help on what to do next. I know that Serk made a complete build but it didn't boot. I just need help on what to change on the device tree and kernel files, if anybody can help I will appreciate it a lot. (I'm not super experienced on this topic but I can do work). Thanks!
HTC One

ChaosChris
Old
Thanks Meter 282

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenterTurkHD View Post

I just recently received a Galaxy Player 4.2 for free from my brother SerkTheTurk since he got a Moto G, and I am planning to use it as an experimental device for development, since it's not my main device. I've gotten a device tree from SerkTheTurk and I've synced all the repos from CyanogenMod. I just need help on what to do next. I know that Serk made a complete build but it didn't boot. I just need help on what to change on the device tree and kernel files, if anybody can help I will appreciate it a lot. (I'm not super experienced on this topic but I can do work). Thanks!
Hey, you can build cm7 from my repositorys here is the readme how to

hoerwer there a still some bugs like no deep sleep

https://github.com/ChaOS-Development...ter/README.txt

Androthan
Old
Thanks Meter 414

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenterTurkHD View Post

Great to some new devs.
I'm actually porting Android 4.4 "KitKat" to the Player 3.6 and with my help you could port KitKat also to the Player 4.2.

At first you need to get familiar with Androud building, so use Google and read something about it.
PM me for more help or information.

Greetings,
Androthan

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Androthan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cyanogenmod, ics, samsung