Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,690 Members 48,145 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] Unable to mount /data | Bootloop on first screen

Tip us?

Isamarcial
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [HELP] Unable to mount /data | Bootloop on first screen

Hi, I have been trying to flash a new ROM to my Note II.
It was on Official Stock 4.3 ROM and I flashed succesfully another 4.3 ROM based on stock with some Note 3 features using Philipz Touch.

Then I switch Philipz to TWRP in order to install DN3 V4 ROM and I made the wipes and format /data and I start flashing the ROM, and since that moment It stucks on the first screen.

When I try to flash a stock 4.3 ROM using Odin, It seems to flash correctly, but when I try to boot, it stucks again.

I can enter to recovery and download mode, I can install some ROMS using TWRP but when it finishes it shows "Unable to mount /data" and if I try to boot, It always stucks on fisrt screen.

I hope you can help me.

biokiller
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Do it again: format cache; davik; systems; data and install rom again. If not, flash cwm recovery via odin.
Good luck.

Sent from my Assistant

Isamarcial
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Still the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by biokiller View Post
Do it again: format cache; davik; systems; data and install rom again. If not, flash cwm recovery via odin.
Good luck.

Sent from my Assistant
I really appreciate your help, but I can't fix the problem yet.
With CWM I can't make a factory reset, when I try to make it, it restarts the phone and it stuks on the first screen.

I have flashed stock ROMS with odin and it says PASS but when the phone boots It always stucks on the first screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140514_091112.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	249.2 KB
ID:	2744460   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140514_091038.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	2744461  

EmptyArea
Old
Thanks Meter 261
Fear not.

I am fairly confident this will work, but read the whole post first
You tick erase all nand as well as the usual two options. Then boot into recovery (should give warnings about unmountable /data) and wipe data / factory reset. Then reboot and it should work / odin a stock rom as normal.

If that doesnt work / or instead you get the correct pit file and flash it as well as the rom and have four options ticked: pit, erase all nand + normal two.

If someone gave me their phone with the same symptoms as yours and said: fix it right now that's what I'd do. I'd also warn them I really need to do more research before doing this and using these two options in odin could brick the phone forever.

I hope this gives you lines of inquiry. I found many mixed messages with the erase nand option, most said nothing of merit except don't do it, some said you must wipe data first (which u can't), some said exactly what I've repeated, some say a pit is enough, others had many steps and files ive never heard of to solve the same issue. There is a large thread in the S3 forum about this, even got mentioned on xda proper. My brief cookie crumbs journey did not return any note 2 threads.

Remember one thing, before using odin, double check every detail. Battery, cable being used, files being used (right ones, md5s), right options ticked, computer is in good health, internet is off, Kies is not running. (I'm sure ive missed some)
If you haven't read prepare to be ignored, or worse.

Isamarcial
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Solved

I install again the stock kit Kat firmware and the problem was the same, but this time I boot stock recovery and there I made factory reset and that's it. Problem solved and Note boot normally.

Thanks for your help

EmptyArea
Old
Thanks Meter 261
With or without erase nand in odin?

Isamarcial
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
No, I just flashed normally as all the stock firmwares

EmptyArea
Old
Thanks Meter 261
I see, thought you'd rule that out. Disappointing really. Glad ur sorted anyway. Remeber wiping data is important when changing roms, even if it's not always absolutely necessary.

biokiller
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Did you try TWRP or Philztouch ? Did you flash 4.3 stock rom?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk