Post Reply

Cheap Tempered Glass Screen Protector

OP Michealtbh

24th February 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #41  
wolfen69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta, GA USA
Thanks Meter: 166
 
553 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conquerora

Does anyone on here have experience with both the Nillkin and the cheap Chinese one? I wonder if the Nillkin is really worth the premium (more than 200%).

I personally don't feel they're worth the money. You can get 3 amFilm protectors for $1 at amazon, and they feel as slick as glass.
25th February 2014, 12:29 AM   |  #42  
Senior Member
Flag Syria
Thanks Meter: 6
 
110 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
first question : what do u think guys of this screen protecter ?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=A3UBIR55NNWWB

i have one more question .. what is the difference between " Motorola Moto G Matte Screen Protector " and Motorola Moto G Blue Light Screen Protector "
26th February 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #43  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen69

I personally don't feel they're worth the money. You can get 3 amFilm protectors for $1 at amazon, and they feel as slick as glass.

I kinda agree, but I think the glass is much better in terms of fingerprints and smudges.
26th February 2014, 08:54 PM   |  #44  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
I just went through like 3-4 protectors by applying them and then removing them because of bubbles and dust.

I'm trying to find a good screen protector that's not too expensive, has a cutout just in the middle for the speaker. I don't really like having holes all around my protector. Tried on eBay, but most of them have similar images, plus I'm fairly sure 90% of them come from the same place. Does anyone know any good protectors, I don't care if they're with a wet application, or tempered glass, or flimsy plastic. I just want to have something on my screen, but not notice it all the time.
Last edited by t00ny45; 26th February 2014 at 08:56 PM.
28th February 2014, 04:00 AM   |  #45  
wolfen69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta, GA USA
Thanks Meter: 166
 
553 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t00ny45

I just went through like 3-4 protectors by applying them and then removing them because of bubbles and dust.

I'm trying to find a good screen protector that's not too expensive, has a cutout just in the middle for the speaker. I don't really like having holes all around my protector. Tried on eBay, but most of them have similar images, plus I'm fairly sure 90% of them come from the same place. Does anyone know any good protectors, I don't care if they're with a wet application, or tempered glass, or flimsy plastic. I just want to have something on my screen, but not notice it all the time.

http://www.amazon.com/amFilm-Invisib...=amfilm+moto+g

Awesome quality plastic screen protector. Well worth $5 for 3. Here's my review: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2641859
16th May 2014, 12:15 PM   |  #46  
Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
87 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
I'm also thinking about buying this orzly tempered screen protector.

But I'm wondering if it affects the quality of the front cam (altough it isn't that great) and if the sensors (light and proximity) still work properly because as i can see in the comments over at amazon, there is only a cut out for the speaker grill.

Also how is the touch responsiveness after applying the protector?

Would love to hear your thoughts
18th May 2014, 07:53 AM   |  #47  
Member
Flag Christchurch
Thanks Meter: 12
 
63 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanezz

I'm also thinking about buying this orzly tempered screen protector.

But I'm wondering if it affects the quality of the front cam (altough it isn't that great) and if the sensors (light and proximity) still work properly because as i can see in the comments over at amazon, there is only a cut out for the speaker grill.

Also how is the touch responsiveness after applying the protector?

Would love to hear your thoughts

I have been using mine for a few months now and have noticed no loss in touch responsiveness. The screen will feel different after installing the screen protector, but this is much nicer than any plastic ones I tried. The front cam works fine. I don't use the light sensor but I would assume it works, since the proximity sensor works perfectly.
This is definitely worth the extra money over cheap plastic ones, and I don't even notice a difference.
The Following User Says Thank You to jonovw For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #48  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanezz

I'm also thinking about buying this orzly tempered screen protector.

But I'm wondering if it affects the quality of the front cam (altough it isn't that great) and if the sensors (light and proximity) still work properly because as i can see in the comments over at amazon, there is only a cut out for the speaker grill.

Also how is the touch responsiveness after applying the protector?

Would love to hear your thoughts

I got the cheaper Hong Kong one from eBay instead of the Orzly one and have been delighted with it. It has a cut-out for the camera and the sensors. The speaker cut-out extends to the right for the sensors as you can see here (****ty webcam photo).

I didn't notice much difference in terms of touch response. The extreme edges can be unresponsive if you are trying to draw in snapchat but I'm not sure whether it was the same without the protector.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes