Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,360 Members 49,286 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Where are Files to Root SM-N900V Note 3, 4.3

Tip us?

jasonsc1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb [Q] Where are Files to Root SM-N900V Note 3, 4.3

I reccently purchased a Note 3 from Verizon back in April. It came with and still has 4.3. I have not recieved an OTA for Kit Kat from Verizon yet. I came from a Rooted Droid Razr. I have never flashed any ROMS. I do want to Root my Note 3 to be able to run all the Root apps I have purchased. I have a couple questions and would really appreciate if anyone could answer them for me. I am familiar with Root but Im no Pro. Again I have Never Flashed any Roms or anything.

#1 I have heard of two ways to Root the Note 3, KINGO & ODIN. Which method is the Best to use. I did see a Root method on XDA if you want to go to Kit Kat with the ability to go back to 4.3. As of right now I dont want KIT KAT bc of the SD card issues I've read about. I really just want 4.3 Rooted. Unless I am advised otherwise. Im really not sure what would be the best thing to do.

#2 Once I have Rooted my Note 3. If and When Verizon sends the OTA for Kit Kat. What should I do? Not take it? Want I have to dismiss it every 12 hour? That could get annoying.

#3 Whatever Root method you advise me. Can you leave me a Link to the Files and the Instructions on how to Root it? Thanks for any help. Jason

Misterxtc
Old
(Last edited by Misterxtc; 19th May 2014 at 04:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsc1 View Post
I reccently purchased a Note 3 from Verizon back in April. It came with and still has 4.3. I have not recieved an OTA for Kit Kat from Verizon yet. I came from a Rooted Droid Razr. I have never flashed any ROMS. I do want to Root my Note 3 to be able to run all the Root apps I have purchased. I have a couple questions and would really appreciate if anyone could answer them for me. I am familiar with Root but Im no Pro. Again I have Never Flashed any Roms or anything.

#1 I have heard of two ways to Root the Note 3, KINGO & ODIN. Which method is the Best to use. I did see a Root method on XDA if you want to go to Kit Kat with the ability to go back to 4.3. As of right now I dont want KIT KAT bc of the SD card issues I've read about. I really just want 4.3 Rooted. Unless I am advised otherwise. Im really not sure what would be the best thing to do.

#2 Once I have Rooted my Note 3. If and When Verizon sends the OTA for Kit Kat. What should I do? Not take it? Want I have to dismiss it every 12 hour? That could get annoying.

#3 Whatever Root method you advise me. Can you leave me a Link to the Files and the Instructions on how to Root it? Thanks for any help. Jason
If you are on MJ9 baseband you can use the Odin method for root but if you are on MJE you will have to use Kingo 1.1.8 or lower to root. Once you have root on MJE you can go up to the NC2 KitKat leak and the SD card issue is fixed and the VZW OTA is disabled. You can disable the OTA on 4.3 by disabling or deleting SDM1 client.

jasonsc1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc View Post
If you are on MJ9 baseband you can use the Odin method for root but if you are on MJE you will have to use Kingo 1.1.8 or lower to root. Once you have root on MJE you can go up to the NC2 KitKat leak and the SD card issue is fixed and the VZW OTA is disabled. You can disable the OTA on 4.3 by disabling or deleting SDM1 client.
How do I know if I am on MJ9 or MJE? I looked throught my phones "About Phone" the only thing I can find close to that is the "Baseband Version" and mine is N900VVRUBMJE. Also the "Build Number" section ends in MJE. Im guessing this mean I am on the MJE. Right?

mjh68
Old
Thanks Meter 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsc1 View Post
How do I know if I am on MJ9 or MJE? I looked throught my phones "About Phone" the only thing I can find close to that is the "Baseband Version" and mine is N900VVRUBMJE. Also the "Build Number" section ends in MJE. Im guessing this mean I am on the MJE. Right?
Yes, you are on MJE

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to mjh68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]