No registration required

Internal memory calculates wrong on 64gb version

OP matteber

19th May 2014, 02:09 PM   |  #11  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 9

82 posts
More
Any way that you could check the serial number to find out if it was a 64Gb?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th May 2014, 02:18 PM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,267

4,288 posts
Donate to Me
More
@matteber
Have you looked on your receipt or the side of the box the phone came in? It should say either 16 or 32

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
19th May 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Final follow-up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac

@matteber
Have you looked on your receipt or the side of the box the phone came in? It should say either 16 or 32

I took the phone back to Verizon Wireless. It is a 32GB phone according to the serial number. They said that they keep stock of both 16 and 32GB phones and that the sales rep who took three days and supposedly ordered the 64GB model for me was fired a few weeks back for rooting (or offering to root) customer phones on the side. I don't really know what is up with the whole thing but they did give me $300+ back that I was apparently overcharged. Whatever. I'll just buy a 32 or 64GB SD Card for the extra memory I wanted. Not the way I wanted to do it but,...oh well.

Thanks to all who gave ideas, suggestions and other input.
19th May 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,267

4,288 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteber

I took the phone back to Verizon Wireless. It is a 32GB phone according to the serial number. They said that they keep stock of both 16 and 32GB phones and that the sales rep who took three days and supposedly ordered the 64GB model for me was fired a few weeks back for rooting (or offering to root) customer phones on the side. I don't really know what is up with the whole thing but they did give me $300+ back that I was apparently overcharged. Whatever. I'll just buy a 32 or 64GB SD Card for the extra memory I wanted. Not the way I wanted to do it but,...oh well.

Thanks to all who gave ideas, suggestions and other input.

Wow huh what a shady deal that all turned out to be. That's great you got money back though. I use both a Transcend and SanDisk 64g cards in both S4's I have. Both cards have treated me very well. Got them in Amazon for cheap too

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread