Yesterday, I wanted to install CM11 on the HTC Sensation of a friend.
This is what I did to the phone:
- Unlocked bootloader using the Juopunutbear method (since HTCdev unlock was not possible)
- Installed TWRP 126.96.36.199 recovery using fastboot
- Did a factory reset using TWRP
At this point, the phone worked well, but the SD-Card could not be formatted anymore (maybe dead ..).
So I put CM11 + GApps on another SD-Card and booted into recovery.
- Wiping (factory reset) froze formatting data, pulled battery
- Installing zip froze, pulled battery
As I turned the phone on again, it only showed the HTC logo and warning symbols in the corners.
To get the phone working again, I tried to restore the stock software:
- Flashing RUU the normal way - restore freezes
- Extracting rom.zip from RUU and flashing zip with fastboot - restore freeze (dzdata)
- Putting rom.zip as PG58IMG.zip on SD-Card and flashing using bootloader - restore freezes (userdata)