Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,156 Members 40,456 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery drain WiFi related

Tip us?

htc_touch_cruise
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Battery drain WiFi related

ZTE Grand X In, Android 4.0.4.

Google Talk services are draining battery, that seems to be known problem. But, this issue for this topic is different one.

I checked Better Battery Stats, Better WiFi. Seems that wake related to wifi is the main issue many times.

The problem is - when I have WiFi hotspot, good signal, got connection, but do not get network access (needs to be authenticated), all of that in background (no alert, no visible action on screen). So, on WiFi screen I can see connected, but actually I did not get network access, so all services which need network access (including Google services) are simultaneously trying to go to network, to get updates or any other data and - that is draining battery heavily - access to network is not existing.

Anybody experienced this? How to fix this issue?

htc_touch_cruise
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
So, connected to WiFi hotspot, very good signal, the WiFi is connected.
No network access (WiFi needs to be authenticated), all of that in background (no alert, no visible action on screen).
For example - trying to reach 8.8.8.8 - Google DNS does not work
Phone is rooted (just to say that - I may install any application that would be helpful, also, access to configuration files available).

What needs to be done? Which parameters are to be reconfigured?

How to control the number of attempts Android is doing from different applications to access network resources?
Tags
battery, drain, wake, wifi