[Q] Battery drain WiFi related

OP htc_touch_cruise

16th May 2014, 07:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
More
ZTE Grand X In, Android 4.0.4.

Google Talk services are draining battery, that seems to be known problem. But, this issue for this topic is different one.

I checked Better Battery Stats, Better WiFi. Seems that wake related to wifi is the main issue many times.

The problem is - when I have WiFi hotspot, good signal, got connection, but do not get network access (needs to be authenticated), all of that in background (no alert, no visible action on screen). So, on WiFi screen I can see connected, but actually I did not get network access, so all services which need network access (including Google services) are simultaneously trying to go to network, to get updates or any other data and - that is draining battery heavily - access to network is not existing.

Anybody experienced this? How to fix this issue?
19th May 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
More
So, connected to WiFi hotspot, very good signal, the WiFi is connected.
No network access (WiFi needs to be authenticated), all of that in background (no alert, no visible action on screen).
For example - trying to reach 8.8.8.8 - Google DNS does not work
Phone is rooted (just to say that - I may install any application that would be helpful, also, access to configuration files available).

What needs to be done? Which parameters are to be reconfigured?

How to control the number of attempts Android is doing from different applications to access network resources?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, drain, wake, wifi
Previous Thread Next Thread