Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 40,391 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] MAJOR probs p600 (note 10.1 2014)

Tip us?

thedudecalledbob
Old
(Last edited by thedudecalledbob; 19th May 2014 at 01:03 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] MAJOR probs p600 (note 10.1 2014)

Hi,
So I have a Note 10.1 2014 edition the SM-P600. I rooted it, and all worked fine, but then I wanted to go back to stock firmware. Booted up Odin 3.7 and plugged it in all normal, except it failed on cache.img..... now it doesnt boot into download mode or recovery.

snag[dot]gy/dJnVc.jpg

On the screen it shows
TABLET --> YELLOW ! -> PC
Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.

Problem being, I boot up Kies and attach the device, but Kies tells me the device is not recognised with this version of Kies (its correct Kies version, version 3)

The tablet is still recognised by the PC + Odin, so perhaps flashing a different firmware may bring it back to life?
In this firmware error mode, when I flash with Odin it does show a progress bar at the bottom which DOES move as Odin bar moves, so something is at least attempting to do something to it.

Any ideas?
Many thanks.

EDIT:
Ok so I fixed it, I let the battery totally die, then plugged it in, and at the same time held the buttons for Download mode. Got in there and reflashed a stock rom. All back working.

KDKobes
Old
Thanks Meter 97

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudecalledbob View Post
Hi,
So I have a Note 10.1 2014 edition the SM-P600. I rooted it, and all worked fine, but then I wanted to go back to stock firmware. Booted up Odin 3.7 and plugged it in all normal, except it failed on cache.img..... now it doesnt boot into download mode or recovery.

snag[dot]gy/dJnVc.jpg

On the screen it shows
TABLET --> YELLOW ! -> PC
Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.

Problem being, I boot up Kies and attach the device, but Kies tells me the device is not recognised with this version of Kies (its correct Kies version, version 3)

The tablet is still recognised by the PC + Odin, so perhaps flashing a different firmware may bring it back to life?
In this firmware error mode, when I flash with Odin it does show a progress bar at the bottom which DOES move as Odin bar moves, so something is at least attempting to do something to it.

Any ideas?
Many thanks.

EDIT:
Ok so I fixed it, I let the battery totally die, then plugged it in, and at the same time held the buttons for Download mode. Got in there and reflashed a stock rom. All back working.
Your problem most likely being that this is the Note 10.1 thread, yes, but it's the 2012 Note thread. Under the assumption you possibly downloaded from the completely wrong place. This is the 2014 edition forum.