Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,844 Members 50,505 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OTA screwed up my phone

Tip us?

killedbymonday
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default OTA screwed up my phone

My phone is rooted on stock 4.1.2 with a locked bootloader. I have deleted some system apps and I do have lots of xposed modules running. I downloaded the kit kat update but it doesn't install. When I turn off my phone and boot it back up it only works for about 30 seconds then shuts down and goes back to this screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1400477126971.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	2751565  

triloger
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedbymonday View Post
My phone is rooted on stock 4.1.2 with a locked bootloader. I have deleted some system apps and I do have lots of xposed modules running. I downloaded the kit kat update but it doesn't install. When I turn off my phone and boot it back up it only works for about 30 seconds then shuts down and goes back to this screen.
Try flashing the latest SBF thru rsd, that should fix it, you always have to put your phone the most stock possible so you can be allowed to install the OTA.

killedbymonday
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I downloaded the latest 4.1.2 firmware, but when I opened it in rsd the process failed and I could not continue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

jetking2
Old
(Last edited by jetking2; 20th May 2014 at 03:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedbymonday View Post
I had this same problem. I think what is happening is that every time you reboot your phone it powers off in an attempt to install KitKat, but because something went wrong in the initial update, it boots up in fastboot mode.

RSD did not work for me either.

I fixed mine by using House Of Moto. It got me back to stock 4.1.2 (no root). I have not yet tried to update to KitKat again. I will probably try later tonight.

Here's the link http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...se-of-moto-22/

You will have to register with the site to download everything. My activation link went to my spam folder fyi.

Make sure you follow the directions very carefully. (Especially the parts about the script generator and the snapdragon fxz support).

Once I was finished with the entire process, my phone still booted up in fastboot, however when I chose "normal boot" from the fastboot menu it booted up to stock 4.1.2.

I had to follow these directions to get it to boot up normally. http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...-bit-fastboot/

(use the third post in that thread)

You can understand why am hesitant to try the KitKat update again.

UPDATE:

I updated via the OTA and everything went smoothly. Running 4.4.2 without root