Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,834 Members 50,577 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] format preload failed [ newbie has a lot of question, sorry ]

Tip us?

wk0308
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] format preload failed [ newbie has a lot of question, sorry ]

well erm
I am now using cm11 linaro rom

1). before flashing this rom, i did follow instruction, at the part of format preload, it failed but i just keep on going to flash it
now, my camera is very lag, and during the panorama mode, it became worse than the stock rom
does that matter the camera problem ?

2). what is I wanna flash other custom ROM into my device, is there any difference between flashing custom rom from custom rom and from stock rom ? and is it just follow the instructions the gave ?

3). what if I want to flash back the same rom, should I follow the instruction again ? because i doubt that the "format preload" step affected my camera quality.

4). what if the format preload steps failed again, what shoud i do ?

I know its really lots of questions but im just about to start rooting and flashing my device one week ago
and so, i did follow the cultural here, search before ask, and i didnt get my answer
Thanks if you helping me out

singhpratik87
Old
Thanks Meter 1,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by wk0308 View Post
well erm
I am now using cm11 linaro rom

1). before flashing this rom, i did follow instruction, at the part of format preload, it failed but i just keep on going to flash it
now, my camera is very lag, and during the panorama mode, it became worse than the stock rom
does that matter the camera problem ?

2). what is I wanna flash other custom ROM into my device, is there any difference between flashing custom rom from custom rom and from stock rom ? and is it just follow the instructions the gave ?

3). what if I want to flash back the same rom, should I follow the instruction again ? because i doubt that the "format preload" step affected my camera quality.

4). what if the format preload steps failed again, what shoud i do ?

I know its really lots of questions but im just about to start rooting and flashing my device one week ago
and so, i did follow the cultural here, search before ask, and i didnt get my answer
Thanks if you helping me out
1) Aosp roms are not on power with Stock samsung camera ,alternative to that would be using Lenovo camera (I use this while on AOSP roms),I dont think panaroma mode works on it but other features works really well and better than AOSP and on power with Samsung camera.

2) custom rom to custom rom meaning you are already rooted so you just need to flash the new rom after doing the wipes ,flashing a stock rom via odin and then flashing a custom recovery and then making the correct wipes and then flashing a custom rom (unless you download a stock pre rooted stock rom from xda ,you can flash it via custom recovery arleady and just do the wipes)

3) To avoid formatting preload (although not sure why it gave you error) but you could use TWRP recovery instead ,it works just as good with AOSP roms and to do the wipes follow this Go to wipe,click on Advanced Wipe and choose Dalvik Cache, Cache, System , Data & Internal Storage.Now go back to main menu and flash the ROM.

Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to singhpratik87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wk0308
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhpratik87 View Post
1) Aosp roms are not on power with Stock samsung camera ,alternative to that would be using Lenovo camera (I use this while on AOSP roms),I dont think panaroma mode works on it but other features works really well and better than AOSP and on power with Samsung camera.

2) custom rom to custom rom meaning you are already rooted so you just need to flash the new rom after doing the wipes ,flashing a stock rom via odin and then flashing a custom recovery and then making the correct wipes and then flashing a custom rom (unless you download a stock pre rooted stock rom from xda ,you can flash it via custom recovery arleady and just do the wipes)

3) To avoid formatting preload (although not sure why it gave you error) but you could use TWRP recovery instead ,it works just as good with AOSP roms and to do the wipes follow this Go to wipe,click on Advanced Wipe and choose Dalvik Cache, Cache, System , Data & Internal Storage.Now go back to main menu and flash the ROM.

Hope this helps.
1) So i can simply replace the camera with lenovo camera which i can get on play store ? and the not on power with samsung camera means the roms are usually not good with samsung camera ?

2) sorry what i mean is, do I have to wipe all those data or caches no matter what ROM i am in as my device is rooted and custom recovery installed ?

3) so the problem is now, can i straight away wipe the Dalvik Cache, Cache, System , Data & Internal Storage and straight away reboot system ?

singhpratik87
Old
Thanks Meter 1,556
Quote:
1) So i can simply replace the camera with lenovo camera which i can get on play store ? and the not on power with samsung camera means the roms are usually not good with samsung camera ?

2) sorry what i mean is, do I have to wipe all those data or caches no matter what ROM i am in as my device is rooted and custom recovery installed ?

3) so the problem is now, can i straight away wipe the Dalvik Cache, Cache, System , Data & Internal Storage and straight away reboot system ?
1) I mean the AOSP cameras are not as good as Samsung Stock cameras.

2) Yup unless you are flashing an upgrade of the SAME rom (especially AOSP) then you can just install the ROM.re install gapps wipe cache and dalvik (your apps will remain intact) but if you are switching from AOSP to Touchwiz or vice versa full wipe is must.

3) No you cannot reboot system cause those options especially system ,data and internal storage wipes your phone basically NO ROM is installed on your phone so you need to go back in main menu of twrp choose install and navigate to external card and flash the desired ROM of choice
The Following User Says Thank You to singhpratik87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wk0308
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

2) Yup unless you are flashing an upgrade of the SAME rom (especially AOSP) then you can just install the ROM.re install gapps wipe cache and dalvik (your apps will remain intact) but if you are switching from AOSP to Touchwiz or vice versa full wipe is must.

3) No you cannot reboot system cause those options especially system ,data and internal storage wipes your phone basically NO ROM is installed on your phone so you need to go back in main menu of twrp choose install and navigate to external card and flash the desired ROM of choice
budd i really have to thank you !!!
u helped me twice !!!
THANKSSS
hahahahahhaa
REALLY THANKS BROOOO HAHHAHAHA

wk0308
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

how do I replace the camera by the way ? o.o

singhpratik87
Old
Thanks Meter 1,556
Quote:
how do I replace the camera by the way ? o.o
Just don't use the AOSP camera unless you want to delete it? Then either go to system/app or system/priv-app and search for the stock camera file on and delete it.

Lenovo camera from here install as normal apk