Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 45,618 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is it possible to go form KK UAE to KK UK?

Tip us?

magoooood
Old
(Last edited by magoooood; 19th May 2014 at 12:05 PM.) Reason: Typos
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Is it possible to go form KK UAE to KK UK?

I'm currently using kitkat on my international LG G2 which was bought from Emirates so it has software version D80220a-AME-XX (got this on air like 2 months ago) but I want to install a fresh new copy of KitKat UK on it. Before downloading that hefty update file for the Kikat version of UK, I wanna know if the updater will allow me to update from Kitkat UAE to Kitkat UK without any problems or it will deny it for whatever reason(s)? (e.g. a reason such as that it allows only updates from an older version to a newer version but not from newer to newer...etc)
Thanks in advance!

The reason for trying to escape this version is that I issue some weird stuff with network coverage being faulty for some time and I realize this only by coincidence by trying to call any one on my list but I get a message like "network error" with any number I attempt to call so after I rebooted and restarted, the error disappeared & also got a bunch of text messages informing me of missed called from people tried to call during that error which I realized by coincidence!

errikosd
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoooood View Post
I'm currently using kitkat on my international LG G2 which was bought from Emirates so it has software version D80220a-AME-XX (got this on air like 2 months ago) but I want to install a fresh new copy of KitKat UK on it. Before downloading that hefty update file for the Kikat version of UK, I wanna know if the updater will allow me to update from Kitkat UAE to Kitkat UK without any problems or it will deny it for whatever reason(s)? (e.g. a reason such as that it allows only updates from an older version to a newer version but not from newer to newer...etc)
Thanks in advance!

The reason for trying to escape this version is that I issue some weird stuff with network coverage being faulty for some time and I realize this only by coincidence by trying to call any one on my list but I get a message like "network error" with any number I attempt to call so after I rebooted and restarted, the error disappeared & also got a bunch of text messages informing me of missed called from people tried to call during that error which I realized by coincidence!
The answer is "yes, it is possible, as long as you do it manually".

The official LG Updater will not flash the UK firmware to your device, there is no option to tell it which firmware to install or upgrade to. It picks the firmware according to your IMEI.

You have to follow this guide. Good luck.

Cheers.