Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,322 Members 50,564 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] All the gear and no idea !!

Tip us?

trisha3010
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] All the gear and no idea !!

Hi looking for some help. Managed to root the galaxy gear and flash the recovery to it which all worked great but problem starts when i try to actually install recovery. Every time i hold the power button in on recovery it says Installing system update and then it reboots to where i have to reconnect it to the phone using gear manager. No dea how to get round this and have search everywhere, do i need to go through all the steps again to root the phone or is there anything else i can do. So frustrating as everything else just ran so smoothly.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Velrix
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by trisha3010 View Post
Hi looking for some help. Managed to root the galaxy gear and flash the recovery to it which all worked great but problem starts when i try to actually install recovery. Every time i hold the power button in on recovery it says Installing system update and then it reboots to where i have to reconnect it to the phone using gear manager. No dea how to get round this and have search everywhere, do i need to go through all the steps again to root the phone or is there anything else i can do. So frustrating as everything else just ran so smoothly.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
So you have a Galaxy Gear 1 or Galaxy Gear 2? Because if you have indeed rooted your Gear 2 I would love to know how. Otherwise your in the wrong forum.

Att.Fan1982
Old
Thanks Meter 194

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velrix View Post
So you have a Galaxy Gear 1 or Galaxy Gear 2? Because if you have indeed rooted your Gear 2 I would love to know how. Otherwise your in the wrong forum.
1+