Heartbleed patch on rooted phone

OP ChiDi9901

18th May 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wien
Thanks Meter: 48

240 posts
More
I have a HTC One X with stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2 and I am rooted. My only root apps are SuperSU, adaway, obackup, luckypatcher and titanium backup. I didn't modify any other things like framework or something. I didn't flash anything. Now the phone tells me about this bug fix update. I know I need stock recovery to flash it. So can I simply flash stock recovery then make the update and flash back cwm recovery again?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk
18th May 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #2  
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 16

177 posts
More
As long as your bootloader is unlocked, you can switch between recoverys whenever you want So answer to your question is yes, you can flash stock recovery then make the update and flash back cwm recovery again.
The Following User Says Thank You to D0GuKaN For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiDi9901

I have a HTC One X with stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2 and I am rooted. My only root apps are SuperSU, adaway, obackup, luckypatcher and titanium backup. I didn't modify any other things like framework or something. I didn't flash anything. Now the phone tells me about this bug fix update. I know I need stock recovery to flash it. So can I simply flash stock recovery then make the update and flash back cwm recovery again?

You don't necessarily need stock recovery. You can press and hold the vol down and power button to boot into bootloader, select recovery, select install from zip file and in there selected the update zip file (it is stored in downloads folder). I am not sure about other OTA updates but this one installed correctly on my rooted HOX.
The Following User Says Thank You to xaffer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wien
Thanks Meter: 48

240 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0GuKaN

As long as your bootloader is unlocked, you can switch between recoverys whenever you want So answer to your question is yes, you can flash stock recovery then make the update and flash back cwm recovery again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaffer

You don't necessarily need stock recovery. You can press and hold the vol down and power button to boot into bootloader, select recovery, select install from zip file and in there selected the update zip file (it is stored in downloads folder). I am not sure about other OTA updates but this one installed correctly on my rooted HOX.

Thank you both for straightforward answers!👍

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread