Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,442 Members 41,105 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Heartbleed patch on rooted phone

Tip us?

ChiDi9901
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Default Heartbleed patch on rooted phone

I have a HTC One X with stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2 and I am rooted. My only root apps are SuperSU, adaway, obackup, luckypatcher and titanium backup. I didn't modify any other things like framework or something. I didn't flash anything. Now the phone tells me about this bug fix update. I know I need stock recovery to flash it. So can I simply flash stock recovery then make the update and flash back cwm recovery again?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk

D0GuKaN
Old
Thanks Meter 16
As long as your bootloader is unlocked, you can switch between recoverys whenever you want So answer to your question is yes, you can flash stock recovery then make the update and flash back cwm recovery again.
The Following User Says Thank You to D0GuKaN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xaffer
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiDi9901 View Post
I have a HTC One X with stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2 and I am rooted. My only root apps are SuperSU, adaway, obackup, luckypatcher and titanium backup. I didn't modify any other things like framework or something. I didn't flash anything. Now the phone tells me about this bug fix update. I know I need stock recovery to flash it. So can I simply flash stock recovery then make the update and flash back cwm recovery again?

You don't necessarily need stock recovery. You can press and hold the vol down and power button to boot into bootloader, select recovery, select install from zip file and in there selected the update zip file (it is stored in downloads folder). I am not sure about other OTA updates but this one installed correctly on my rooted HOX.
The Following User Says Thank You to xaffer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ChiDi9901
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0GuKaN View Post
As long as your bootloader is unlocked, you can switch between recoverys whenever you want So answer to your question is yes, you can flash stock recovery then make the update and flash back cwm recovery again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaffer View Post
You don't necessarily need stock recovery. You can press and hold the vol down and power button to boot into bootloader, select recovery, select install from zip file and in there selected the update zip file (it is stored in downloads folder). I am not sure about other OTA updates but this one installed correctly on my rooted HOX.
Thank you both for straightforward answers!👍