Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Missing 2nd Partition on my tablet...

OP mitan88

19th May 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

9 posts
Hi.. First of all I am new to this forum (actually a semi-noob on android stuffs) and I don't even know if I posted on the right thread (If I did please let me know or delete it or move it to where it should be and I'm sorry).

I've been searching for a while all over the internet to find a solution on how to recover the missing 2nd partition on the internal storage of my tablet but I can't seem to find a solution. How did I end up missing my 2nd partition? I think this is what happened:

1.) I installed a custom rom (cm10) on my shw-m180s, and it worked fine at first. I was able to download apps until my internal phone storage got full so I decided to make a partition on cwm (so that I can put some data files and apps there by using link2sd).I went to recovery mode then I put 2gb as ext and swap file as 256mb (if I'm not mistaken) because I have a 16gb internal sd card (I don't have external sd card though), after that, I rebooted then checked if I am able to use the ext part but I was not so sure so what I did was to do a full wipe and deleted everything (data,cache,dalvik cache, other format options on storage) then reflashed the original stock rom.

2.) Now I manage to use my stock rom and checked if I managed to restore the 2gb ext, but no, it didn't show on my internal memory. It only shows 14gb (or 12.68gb to be exact). So clearly the 2gb just went to some place I don't know where exactly and I don't think it was completely gone maybe just hidden somewhere in my tablet. I installed link2sd to check the partitions and it says that SD Card 2nd Partition not found.

3.) Tried to reformat the sd card through laptop (even used minitool partition but that too didn't work) and now I am stuck. I can't seem to find a way to recover that 2gb internal memory.

Hoping to find some answer here in xda where there are lots of experts and good people that helps others.
Have a nice day everyone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread