[Q] Questions about rooting with Knox (Lots of misinformation out there)
I own a T-mobile Galaxy S4 that is currently on android 4.3 with the MK2 modem flashed via oden and an MDL bootloader. I am planning to send off my device for warranty repair to Samsung. I know they normally update to the most recent android version etc. (4.4.2).
I have been combing through the threads on here and androidcentral to try to find an answers that is clear but I haven't found it. Essentially I want to know if they return my phone with 4.4.2 (which will be bootloader locked and knox enabled) if I can do the following.
1. Install TWRP or recovery environments. (some threads said you can't and that full root is not achievable to use Titaniumbackup etc.)
2. Downgrade to 4.3 if needed
3. Flash custom roms (eyeing up Insane Kit Kat V8 NB4 )
4. Will I have to use CH-AUTOROOT and with that will I be able to use TWRP
5. If anyone could point me to a thread that instructs on how to root in this scenario - that would be hugely helpful!
I appreciate anyone who can take the time to write back with answers to my questions.