Post Reply

[Q] Permanently uninstall netflix

OP 4himarks

30th April 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Laurel, MD
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
I have a Galaxy Tab 2 7" and it is running out of space. I uninstalled Netflix since I canceled the account and have no need for the app anymore, but I keep getting messages to update the app that I don't have any more! How do I get it to go away forever and stop bugging me?
1st May 2014, 03:59 AM   |  #2  
njstein's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 490
 
1,469 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4himarks

I have a Galaxy Tab 2 7" and it is running out of space. I uninstalled Netflix since I canceled the account and have no need for the app anymore, but I keep getting messages to update the app that I don't have any more! How do I get it to go away forever and stop bugging me?

Before you uninstalled, did you go into system>app find the Netflix app, force close it, then wipe data, then uninstall? If not that's most likely the issue. Have you tried wiping cache/dalvik?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1st May 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Laurel, MD
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by njstein

Before you uninstalled, did you go into system>app find the Netflix app, force close it, then wipe data, then uninstall? If not that's most likely the issue. Have you tried wiping cache/dalvik?

I had no reason to think that I needed to do anything other than select "Uninstall" from the menu, so no. I don't think I ever used it on the device, so I had no reason to think there was any data to wipe. I have no idea what cache/dalvik is, where to find it, or how to "wipe" it, so no, I didn't try that, either.
2nd May 2014, 05:43 AM   |  #4  
njstein's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 490
 
1,469 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4himarks

I had no reason to think that I needed to do anything other than select "Uninstall" from the menu, so no. I don't think I ever used it on the device, so I had no reason to think there was any data to wipe. I have no idea what cache/dalvik is, where to find it, or how to "wipe" it, so no, I didn't try that, either.

Are you rooted? If not, re-download Netflix and follow the steps I laid out for uninstall. It makes sure there's no residual bits of info from the app. This is how I uninstall and never have these kinds of issues or deleted wakelock issues.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th May 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Cloud Search SD Maid
Since you indicated that you were running out of space, you could also check out SD Maid and use it to free up some space and perhaps clean up data from apps you might have uninstalled in the past. Improved results can be gained if you are rooted.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1013063
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes