Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 53,759 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable to install USB drivers on Win7 64bit

Tip us?

Soyif
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unable to install USB drivers on Win7 64bit

Hello,

I'm unable to install USB drivers for my LG P880. It used to work some time ago but it doesn't any longer and I haven't figured out yet what could be the reason.
I'm running OmniRom, but experienced the same problems with CGM.

It still works perfectly fine with my PC at work, so I'm pretty sure the phone itseld as well as the cable aren't the problem. Both my home PC and my work PC run Win7 64bit, so this cannot be part of the reason either. I tried all USB slots on my home PC (which all work fine with other devices) but changing the slot didn't help.
I tried several driver packs, especially the original ones from LG (current versions as well as older versions), but also drivers from other sites. My work PC however discoveres them automatically, I don't even have to download drivers manually.
USB Debugging is on, fast charge is off, MTP is on.

I'm running out of ideas. Does anyone know what could make it work again? Thanks in advance!

Rudjgaard
Old
Thanks Meter 531
Check in windows device manager if there are any conflicting drivers installed
Xperia Active ST17i
Rom: ParanoidAndroid
Kernel: LupusJB

LG Optimus 4X HD
Rom: PACman
Kernel: MoKee

Soyif
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I guess sometimes solutins are so simple I just don't think of them... After deinstalling all devices with the little yellow triangle in the device manager it worked like a charm! Thanks a lot!