Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,179 Members 41,635 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is it possible to change the widget with the widget

Tip us?

zathus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 372
Default Is it possible to change the widget with the widget

I don't know if I'm working this right. But basically is it possible to make it where if I click on a certain part of the widget it actually changes it to a different widget. example, so you have a clock widget that has the temperature and your cell signal. When you click on the clock it changes to another widget that is just the clock

kwerdenker
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2,199

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zathus View Post
I don't know if I'm working this right. But basically is it possible to make it where if I click on a certain part of the widget it actually changes it to a different widget. example, so you have a clock widget that has the temperature and your cell signal. When you click on the clock it changes to another widget that is just the clock
That's currently only possible if you use Tasker to setup a task that changes a variable and pushes that variable back to Zooper. You can then use that widget to control the visibility of the modules in your widget. You would then have to use that task as an OnTap action of your widget/module to toggle between the two "versions" of your widget.

Please use the forums for your Zooper related questions. I won't respond to PMs with questions that can/should be asked there. Thank you.

Andyrosser
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerdenker View Post
That's currently only possible if you use Tasker to setup a task that changes a variable and pushes that variable back to Zooper. You can then use that widget to control the visibility of the modules in your widget. You would then have to use that task as an OnTap action of your widget/module to toggle between the two "versions" of your widget.
Any way you could point me in the right direction. I just got Tasker a few days ago and to be honest it's a tad overwhelming. Maybe just a nudge in the right direction?😀

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

kwerdenker
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2,199

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyrosser View Post
Any way you could point me in the right direction. I just got Tasker a few days ago and to be honest it's a tad overwhelming. Maybe just a nudge in the right direction?😀

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Please see my answer here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...e#post52275715
It contains a link to my Tasker task and a description on how to use it.

Please use the forums for your Zooper related questions. I won't respond to PMs with questions that can/should be asked there. Thank you.

zathus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 372
Quote:
Please see my answer here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...e#post52275715
holy fing hell!! thats like EXACTLY what i was looking for. pure genius sir! thank you so much

zathus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 372
Quote:
alrighty, first. thanks so much! second, is it posable to have this also effect things like text? so, i can have a clock in one position when x=1 then have it in a second position when x=0. or just have it make it where when on 1, it appears and on 0 it disappears.

kwerdenker
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2,199

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zathus View Post
alrighty, first. thanks so much! second, is it posable to have this also effect things like text? so, i can have a clock in one position when x=1 then have it in a second position when x=0. or just have it make it where when on 1, it appears and on 0 it disappears.
What you use it for is up to you. You'll just have to substitute the options you need like [ox][/ox] for the horizontal offset or [c][/c] for the color instead of the [bo][/bo] as in the example I have in the original post.