OP miapuffia

19th May 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #11  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 522

1,567 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miapuffia

I have jellybean 4.1.2 rooted with an unlocked bootloader and SafeStrap so I'm good to go right?

Correct, you could take the OTA right now and then if you don't like it, take an FXZ image (using SamuriHL's House of Moto tool) and flash yourself back to stock JB.

Go here to learn how to properly upgrade your phone to Kit Kat -> http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...a/#entry433486

This provides links to all the tools/software you need to get your phone upgraded to Kit Kat. Remember, he is also assuming you want to downgrade back to a previous version of JB so you can take the OTA. In your case, you might want to follow his directions to get yourself back to full stock, unrooted. Just uninstalling root alone won't help. You basically have to reimage your phone using this process back to a stock JB before taking the OTA.

The OTA is very picky about any modifications that might have been done to the phone (freezing apps, rooting, etc). SamuriHL's process will ensure your phone is back to stock just like it was out of the box when you first got your phone and that should provide you with a clean path to upgrade to Kit Kat on the RAZR HD or RAZR MAXX HD.
Last edited by iBolski; 19th May 2014 at 09:12 PM.
19th May 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 550

1,245 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miapuffia

I have jellybean 4.1.2 rooted with an unlocked bootloader and SafeStrap so I'm good to go right?

To add, If you have unlocked Bootloader, you should switch to CWM or TWRP. They have a better ROM support than Safestrap.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread