[Q] 4.4.2 Keeps failing!

Search This thread

apeyness

May 19, 2014
Tempe
A while back someone tried to root my phone but don't think it was successful
I am trying to do the 4.4.2 on my Droid Razr M and it keeps failing did it atleast 4 times now. Is there a way I can fix this to get the update or update it to kitkat another way? Thanks:confused:.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
A while back someone tried to root my phone but don't think it was successful
I am trying to do the 4.4.2 on my Droid Razr M and it keeps failing did it atleast 4 times now. Is there a way I can fix this to get the update or update it to kitkat another way? Thanks:confused:.

What update are you on? There might be a mini update you have to do first before you can take the KK one. That or you'll want to run the RSDLite program to rewrite the software back to it to make sure any possible modifications that were done to the /system from rooting or the attempt are undone. They haven't released 4.4.2 for RSD yet, so will have to do the last official one and then factory reset (if it doesn't do it for you) then try the OTA update again.

http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=8

There are 4 different 4.1.2 versions. If you are on an earlier one, this could cause this problem as well.

apeyness

May 19, 2014
Tempe

I am on 98.18.94.xt907.Verizon.en.US 4.1.2 Okay hmmm I will try that after work and see if I can fix it?!

LifeAsADroid

Sep 17, 2012
Awesomeville, USA
The 2012 Droids (HD, Maxx HD, and M) have been very problematic in getting their respective KK updates to work. You basically have to be BONE STOCK in order for it to work. Best bets are to find the appropriate RSD Lite method as mentioned above and follow it EXACTLY, or to do a factory reset of your phone and let the update get pushed to you again.

Chances are the root did in fact work and some modification was done that is causing the update to not go through. Either that or the phone is still rooted and the OTA is refusing to install because of the root access.