Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,329 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S4 stuck on unlock samsung splash screen

Tip us?
 
dougmod
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 295
Join Date: Jan 2009
Default S4 stuck on unlock samsung splash screen

I tried updating my rom and my phone will not boot. I cannot get past the samsung splash screen showing me the unlock icon. I have tried installing a different recovery, wiping everything, restoring from a backup from my SD card... no luck. I have been reading on here, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=30386309 and it kind of sounds like my issue. sometimes when I try wiping and installing a rom, the phone reboots when it has to write data, eg. installing gapps. no matter the gapps package im installing, kit kat or jellybean, the phone will reboot in the middle of the install. it is almost like the R/W is now corrupt. Anyone have any idea?
 
ppat324wi
Old
#2  
ppat324wi's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 69
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Milwaukee
We need more info than that etc build you are on, and what build you were trying to update to.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hit thanks if I helped you!

-----------Devices---------
Verizon Galaxy S4 Kitkat (NC5)
Droid Bionic XT875 Rooted with Safestrap on Jelly Bean (Retired)
 
Blaymon
Old
#3  
Blaymon's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Woodstock IL
Default same problem !!PLEASE HELP!!

I have the same problem. I upgraded my S4 to kikat a week ago using this method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2726868 worked fine. then i lost my phone at the park after about a couple hours trying to call it and find it a kid answered the phone. he wouldn't help me get it back and said he was gonna keep it and wipe it. i filed a police report and a few days later they got my phon back. but now its stuck in a boot loop on the unlock custom splash screen. the kid that took had my phone was only 8 years old. is there anything i can do to get my phone working again?
 
Mistertac
Old
#4  
Mistertac's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1303
Posts: 3,023
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Springfield, Ma

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaymon View Post
I have the same problem. I upgraded my S4 to kikat a week ago using this method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2726868 worked fine. then i lost my phone at the park after about a couple hours trying to call it and find it a kid answered the phone. he wouldn't help me get it back and said he was gonna keep it and wipe it. i filed a police report and a few days later they got my phon back. but now its stuck in a boot loop on the unlock custom splash screen. the kid that took had my phone was only 8 years old. is there anything i can do to get my phone working again?
Your best bet is to just Odin the NC5 stock firmware back on there then. You can try the no wipe first.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2735172

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Blaymon
Old
#5  
Blaymon's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Woodstock IL
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post
Your best bet is to just Odin the NC5 stock firmware back on there then. You can try the no wipe first.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2735172

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Thank you so much my phone works again. By any chance do you know if there is a way i can get rooted again if not that's OK i am happy my phone works
 
Mistertac
Old
#6  
Mistertac's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1303
Posts: 3,023
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Springfield, Ma

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaymon View Post
Thank you so much my phone works again. By any chance do you know if there is a way i can get rooted again if not that's OK i am happy my phone works
Well there are some partial downgrade methods on here which require a few files and Odin again. I haven't done it myself and I've seen some have no issues at all with it and some have had nothing but issues.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
guyver2077
Old
#7  
guyver2077's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 725
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Miami, FL
ugh. im having the same issue. Installed NC5 today from a clean install on my MK7 phone that was running NC2.

It installed and booted up fine. I installed some apps and rebooted. Now stuck on the Samsung logo with blinking blue led light. Can't get into recovery.
Cingular 8125 on Cingular Network. 2006
EVO 4g on Sprint Network. 2010
EVO 3d on Sprint Network
Galaxy S2 on Sprint Network
Evo LTE on Sprint Network
Iphone 5 on Verizon
Galaxy S4 on Verizon

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Enjoy Wallpaper Overload with PhotoPhase

We don’t usually feature live wallpapers on the XDA Portal unless they are somewhat innovative … more

Monitor What Your Phone’s Camera Sees with Android Wear

Having a smart device strapped to your wrist certainly has its merits. A … more

Mod Lets You Have Stereo Speakers on Your Sony Xperia Z1 (Sort Of)

The stereo speakers onthe Sony Xperia Z2areprobably a relatively large … more

Give Your Screen Some Color with HexaTime Live Wallpaper

We don’t often cover very many live wallpapers here on the XDA Portal. You may … more