Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 54,069 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[VIDEO] Official 4.4.2 KitKat preview from vietnam

Tip us?

furkandeger
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigsaw View Post
Could you be more specific? Because I can't fully understand the problem I mean.. (correct me if I am wrong):

-We start from an optimus g, with lg bootloader (for the noobs that read, it can be unlocked with freegee)
-if you put the nexus 4 bootloader ( I suppose following something similar to this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2099784 changing the bootloader partition) I think that the phone will load properly only kernels meant for the nexus 4 (and not even all the kernels for nexus 4, according to the OP of the guide), but I'm not sure because I've never changed the bootloader..Supposing that correctly manages even the optimus g kernels (and it's possible), I suppose that the problem now is the recovery, because nobody created a recovery working with kitkat roms from optimus G. For anybody, that doesn't have almost anything for now to work on..it's almost impossible to create it, IMHO..I think we have only to wait for LG's relases, sorry
Well maybe he could use the classic method for unlocking the bootloader instead of mako?
Device: LG Optimus G E975 (International)
Rom: Epsilon Project v3
Kernel: Epsilon

Device: HTC ChaCha A810E
Rom: Stock 2.3.5
Kernel: Stock

hoangnova
Old
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by furkandeger View Post
Well maybe he could use the classic method for unlocking the bootloader instead of mako?
I use mako unlock method
If you like my work, and want to help me click here to donate

furkandeger
Old
(Last edited by furkandeger; 19th May 2014 at 01:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoangnova View Post
I use mako unlock method
Is that necessary? Because I don't think anyone will be able to help you in this case. But maybe you could try classic method and see If it works. It might since in classic method it is still Optimus G bootloader.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk
Device: LG Optimus G E975 (International)
Rom: Epsilon Project v3
Kernel: Epsilon

Device: HTC ChaCha A810E
Rom: Stock 2.3.5
Kernel: Stock

hasan4791
Old
Thanks Meter 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoangnova View Post
I use mako unlock method
PM @Shelnutt2 ....he'll help you in unlocking bootloader...He does some modification in boot.img file..
He is the dev of freegee app

Guide to Track Android Device|Antitheft|Secure Droid
Don't FORGET to click Thanx...

Works:

Device:

LG Optimus G(E-975) Indian Version
Stock Rom 4.1.2 v10f
Kernel 3.4.0

gigsaw
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Is that necessary? Because I don't think anyone will be able to help you in this case. But maybe you could try classic method and see If it works. It might since in classic method it is still Optimus G bootloader.

I think it's necessary because with a new .kdz rom and new android version, usually even the bootloader is replaced by LG with a new version..so the old method at 99% won't work. Of course is worth a try..but I think that loading trough nexus 4 bootloader is the only option to try..even because probably the jelly bean bootloader wouldn't be compatible with kitkat roms..

We only have to wait for a kdz, nothing else..only few weeks and here we go, hoping that someone would be able to unlock (as fast as possible) the kitkat bootloader..

hoangnova
Old
(Last edited by hoangnova; 19th May 2014 at 09:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Thanks you very much. it work like a charm !
I use jb bootloader & recovery + system, baseband, kernel kitkat.
I share kitkat partition with one person, and he will port to E975.
If you like my work, and want to help me click here to donate
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hoangnova For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]