[VIDEO] Official 4.4.2 KitKat preview from vietnam

19th May 2014, 01:19 AM   |  #11  
Flag İstanbul
Thanks Meter: 112

301 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigsaw

Could you be more specific? Because I can't fully understand the problem I mean.. (correct me if I am wrong):

-We start from an optimus g, with lg bootloader (for the noobs that read, it can be unlocked with freegee)
-if you put the nexus 4 bootloader ( I suppose following something similar to this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2099784 changing the bootloader partition) I think that the phone will load properly only kernels meant for the nexus 4 (and not even all the kernels for nexus 4, according to the OP of the guide), but I'm not sure because I've never changed the bootloader..Supposing that correctly manages even the optimus g kernels (and it's possible), I suppose that the problem now is the recovery, because nobody created a recovery working with kitkat roms from optimus G. For anybody, that doesn't have almost anything for now to work on..it's almost impossible to create it, IMHO..I think we have only to wait for LG's relases, sorry

Well maybe he could use the classic method for unlocking the bootloader instead of mako?
19th May 2014, 07:29 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 644

328 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by furkandeger

Well maybe he could use the classic method for unlocking the bootloader instead of mako?

I use mako unlock method
19th May 2014, 11:49 AM   |  #13  
Flag İstanbul
Thanks Meter: 112

301 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoangnova

I use mako unlock method

Is that necessary? Because I don't think anyone will be able to help you in this case. But maybe you could try classic method and see If it works. It might since in classic method it is still Optimus G bootloader.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk
Last edited by furkandeger; 19th May 2014 at 01:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to furkandeger For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #14  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 365

1,070 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoangnova

I use mako unlock method

PM @Shelnutt2 ....he'll help you in unlocking bootloader...He does some modification in boot.img file..
He is the dev of freegee app
19th May 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49

218 posts
Quote:

Is that necessary? Because I don't think anyone will be able to help you in this case. But maybe you could try classic method and see If it works. It might since in classic method it is still Optimus G bootloader.

I think it's necessary because with a new .kdz rom and new android version, usually even the bootloader is replaced by LG with a new version..so the old method at 99% won't work. Of course is worth a try..but I think that loading trough nexus 4 bootloader is the only option to try..even because probably the jelly bean bootloader wouldn't be compatible with kitkat roms..

We only have to wait for a kdz, nothing else..only few weeks and here we go, hoping that someone would be able to unlock (as fast as possible) the kitkat bootloader..
19th May 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 644

328 posts
Donate to Me
Thumbs up
Quote:

Thanks you very much. it work like a charm !
I use jb bootloader & recovery + system, baseband, kernel kitkat.
I share kitkat partition with one person, and he will port to E975.
Last edited by hoangnova; 19th May 2014 at 09:20 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hoangnova For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread