Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,758 Members 38,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nyko Playpad pro vs playpad pro "for fire tv"

Tip us?

cdoty
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Cool Amazon

The Nyko representative, responding to reviews on Amazon, is claiming the FireTV version has a firmware update. So, it sounds like the same controller with a different firmware. If the firmware is available, like the original PlayPad Pro for Android, you could upgrade an existing controller.

kairnage
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoty View Post
The Nyko representative, responding to reviews on Amazon, is claiming the FireTV version has a firmware update. So, it sounds like the same controller with a different firmware. If the firmware is available, like the original PlayPad Pro for Android, you could upgrade an existing controller.
The update is available from Nyko. you can e-mail their customer support and they usually respond withing an hour or two.

ahoslc
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Is it the Playpad pro 100 firmware from 3/28 ?

hdmkv
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I returned my PlayPad Pro to Amazon, bit the bullet and bought the genuine FTV controller. PlayPad Pro just behaved wonky.

ahoslc
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdmkv View Post
I returned my PlayPad Pro to Amazon, bit the bullet and bought the genuine FTV controller. PlayPad Pro just behaved wonky.
Ya mine seems to act weird in GTA I can't get to map menu also when the controller goes off I have to repair it to get it to behave normally. also the buttons just seem to act weird. How is your experience with the FTV controller?