List of Tested Sideloaded APKs for the Amazon Fire TV (Fire TV Stick)

Search This thread

hdmkv

May 19, 2014
Thanks for compiling the list. I have a few more for you (my own testing)...

- Helium Boy (works perfectly)
- BeyondYnth HD (works perfectly)
- Cordy 2 (works perfectly)
- Pac-Man CE (works perfectly)
- Simple.TV (works, but keyboard/mouse needed)

- Wind-Up Knight (doesn't work, crashes when trying to launch)
- CSR Racing (doesn't work, crashes when trying to launch)

As I'm new to the forum, it isn't letting me post link to the above on Google Play.

Reactions: GalaxySmokes

hdmkv

May 19, 2014
Any Airplay app that work well?
If you have XBMC, then enabling AirPlay works when XBMC is open, but performance is spotty. YouTube are other Internet site videos AirPlay fine, but locally stored videos not so much (720p okay, 1080p sometimes). Photos work fine.

There's AirBuddy (via Amazon store), which also partially works like above. But, it limits streaming, unless you pay 99 cents.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2011
If you have XBMC, then enabling AirPlay works when XBMC is open, but performance is spotty. YouTube are other Internet site videos AirPlay fine, but locally stored videos not so much (720p okay, 1080p sometimes). Photos work fine.

There's AirBuddy (via Amazon store), which also partially works like above. But, it limits streaming, unless you pay 99 cents.

Airbuddy is a lousy app. I had better luck with Airplay Receiver. It works for the most part. I did not spend $5 for the pro-version as I am hoping that there will be a Fire TV compatible app for airplay sooner than later.

Apr 16, 2011
What works/doesn't work?
I'd like to update the list in the O/P.

I will test it out when I get back home in the evening and do a more thorough test. However, as far as I remember, it works very well. I was able to stream both audio and video. The app itself is annoying due to the nags to upgrade, but other than that I had no complaints.

meadtj

May 2, 2014
AirReceiver Basic/Pro - works with remote but seems to stutter and freeze a bit

Reicast Emulator - works per another thread

GenesisDroid Emulator - works per another thread here

NesLite - works perfectly

Spotify - Works with oreintation app or modified download

Candycrush - does not work / crashes

Apr 9, 2014
SPMC - Works great.

Microsoft Remote Desktop - Works. Requires mouse and only displays at 1080p.

WWE - Doesn't work. Requires a GPS check to access live stream/on demand.

Max Go - Doesn't work. Display is smushed. Rotation doesn't fix the issue.

Epix - Works. Requires mouse.

Starz Play - Works. Requires mouse.

Encore Play - Works. Requires mouse.

hdmkv

May 19, 2014
AirReceiver Basic/Pro - works with remote but seems to stutter and freeze a bit
+1. Tested the Pro version, and it works no better than AirPlay via XBMC for me. So, Internet videos stream fine, as do local photos and 720p (and SD) vids. 1080p/30 videos (like those off iPhone's camera) freeze/stutter.

woodsonmh

Dec 2, 2010
Thank you all your hard work.

Any send works. Send files between devices on same network.
Terminal emulator works but needed keyboard to work well.
I used terminal and adb on firetv to install apps downloaded using any send

Woody

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

hang10z

Dec 5, 2013
Question, which screen orientation program is being used to rotate an app? I cannot find one that works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Vudu build 4.1.13.38411 works on fire tv with HDX

Functional vudu on fire tv with Hdx!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdadcz1e7zkha0l/vudu.air.4.1.13.38411.apk?dl=0
    I installed popcorntime last night. Works very well but needs mouse or touch input. I've been using droidmote for my firetv since I got root, so that worked for me.
    Droidmote works well but you have to change between touch and the game control input of the app based on which screen on the firetv is active.
    I'd just like to add that I got Tasker working on FireTV awhile ago but did not know about this list here (I posted it to a similar thread on reddit) there is a bit of a procedure you need to to go make it work:

Yes, the Tasker works on FireTV. I've just added it to the list at the top of this forum.
    What you have to do:
    Get an apk of Tasker. Either get the free one from Google Play store, or get the one you paid for off your (rooted) Android device. Guides on how to do this are all over the place. Also you can directly purchase it from Tasker's website.
    Use this: http://forums.crackberry.com/androi...ding-google-maps-google-play-services-914930/[1] to patch your apk of Tasker so that it doesn't need GMaps to run. This is crucial, because otherwise FireTV will reject it (as it doesnt have Google Maps API).
    Sideload your modified apk to your FireTV
    Issues: So far almost everything works like a charm. The one thing that you cannot do on the FireTV (besides root actionsnow you can!) is build scenes. If you try to edit/build a scene, the app crashes. You can, however, import scenes you've created on another device, and use them with the "Show Scene" action. It seems that full screen scenes crash it, though. I have had success displaying Overlays and Dialogs, though.
    This should open up a whole world of possibilities on the FireTV...
    Droid edit
    Playon
    Quadrant
    Vplayer
    All work for me.
    Woody

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    Google Play Videos and Music on Fire TV. :)
    Youtube instructions: link.
    Dropbox files zipped: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqlroa0dg2df2z3/Google Play Movies and Music.zip?dl=0