Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,083 Members 50,582 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.4.2 Keeps failing!

Tip us?

apeyness
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] 4.4.2 Keeps failing!

A while back someone tried to root my phone but don't think it was successful
I am trying to do the 4.4.2 on my Droid Razr M and it keeps failing did it atleast 4 times now. Is there a way I can fix this to get the update or update it to kitkat another way? Thanks.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeyness View Post
A while back someone tried to root my phone but don't think it was successful
I am trying to do the 4.4.2 on my Droid Razr M and it keeps failing did it atleast 4 times now. Is there a way I can fix this to get the update or update it to kitkat another way? Thanks.
What update are you on? There might be a mini update you have to do first before you can take the KK one. That or you'll want to run the RSDLite program to rewrite the software back to it to make sure any possible modifications that were done to the /system from rooting or the attempt are undone. They haven't released 4.4.2 for RSD yet, so will have to do the last official one and then factory reset (if it doesn't do it for you) then try the OTA update again.

http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=8

There are 4 different 4.1.2 versions. If you are on an earlier one, this could cause this problem as well.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)

apeyness
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default reply

I am on 98.18.94.xt907.Verizon.en.US 4.1.2 Okay hmmm I will try that after work and see if I can fix it?!

LifeAsADroid
Old
Thanks Meter 133

DONATE TO ME
The 2012 Droids (HD, Maxx HD, and M) have been very problematic in getting their respective KK updates to work. You basically have to be BONE STOCK in order for it to work. Best bets are to find the appropriate RSD Lite method as mentioned above and follow it EXACTLY, or to do a factory reset of your phone and let the update get pushed to you again.

Chances are the root did in fact work and some modification was done that is causing the update to not go through. Either that or the phone is still rooted and the OTA is refusing to install because of the root access.
"The best part about the internet is you get to see everyone's childish tantrums first hand."

"If only the internet allowed me to punch stupid people in the face. Then people wouldn't vomit their idiocy onto my monitor."