ok a few more questions.
on link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2692825
the steps are:
1. Place the I337UCUFNB1_100%_Stock_Rooted_ROM in the root of your ext sdcard.
*2. Download the I337_NB1toMK2_Downgrade file(MD5:FAC95B4CC7743FAE34BC42EBFBAF751A), extract the .tar and flash in PDA slot in Odin(AP in Odin v3.09+) to obtain semi-functioning(no-wifi) MK2.
3. Use your favorite root method to root MK2, e.g. Saferoot, Kingo Root App, then install the latest Safestrap v3.72(NB1)apk (Download and learn more about Safestrap from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448925
4. Boot into Safestrap recovery, perform an advanced wipe, and wipe everything except ext sdcard.
5. Flash the ROM zip in the "Stock Slot."
6. Press "Home," then reboot into Download Mode and flash the I337_NB1_Stock_Kernel(MD5:A9B3BCD7CA16CB77652516E6 117A5B81) in PDA slot in Odin(AP in Odin v3.09+).
so first question is how does one place something in the root of your ext sd card
secondly i honestly forgot how to use odin, dont i need to put my phone in download mode to flash? what is the sequence to put the phone in download mode if so? Does USB debugging need to be on?
also there is a note on this thread - once you have completed steps 1 - 4 below consider flashing the NC1_100%_Stock_Rooted_ROM from Post#3 in the following thread instead of NB1 to obtain the latest firmware: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2730144
i know you might or might not have written any of these threads but you do have a clearer understanding than i do, that being said in regards to the note above would you say follow all the steps but use the NC1 ROM instead of the NB1 ROM? or Use the NB1 Rom do all of it then jump to the link you provided?