Originally Posted by BigB42078
Can't seem to connect to Windows 8 through USB. It chimes and the Touchpad says connected as a media device. But I don't see it in Windows. Tried checking and unchecking MTP in storage settings and nothing.
1. Go into Device manager. You will see "MTP USB Device" under portable devices.
2. Right Click it and select update driver software
3. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
4. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
5. Select USB Mass Storage Device then click next.
6.To transfer files to PC, turn on USB mass Storage from the USB connection notification on the Android device.
The above is.courtesy of RolandDeschain79 install guide.
I've followed this and it worked for me.
Good luck and have fun.