Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,248 Members 39,430 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked Nook Tablet (16GB)

Tip us?

megaghostgamer
Old
(Last edited by megaghostgamer; 19th May 2014 at 08:18 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 734
Default [Q] Bricked Nook Tablet (16GB)

Another sad day with a Nook Tablet being bricked. I haven't been on here in a while since I had thought my NT died out on me, I've already bought a dell venue 8 and everything but today I was curious to see if I could get my little nook up and running again and I did. Turned out the battery connector had came loose and all I had to do is push it back in and now it works just fine. Although it is running up with lit screen and all, I do seem to have a problem with it getting to turn on completely. It's turning on then clearing data and doing system factory restore but around 80-90% of the way it's done, it shuts off. I know for a fact it's not the battery giving out because I've let it sit through Adam Outlers Ubuntu restore for well over 5 minutes. I've tried many things being reparting it and using system images to push to sd card and let it flash itself and no luck. I've yet to try a sd cwm (backup restore) or a bootable cm10 sd card. I just want to be able to run stock with no problems and i'd be fine. I'd appreciate any help and I hope all of you have a great day!

Edit: I've also tried flashing Roms, no luck there either.

megaghostgamer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 734
I have been able to get CM10 Running with touchscreen working and all. I can confirm my tablet is on stock firmware for touchscreen. The recovery flasher won't work. The recovery is never replaced. I've tried many restoration files and none have worked as of right now. If anyone has any advice, it'd be nice. This is very time consuming and I would like to dev for the Nook Community again but what good am I with no tablet ;D .