Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 51,701 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] another hard bricked htc one - Please Help

Tip us?

dead_one
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] another hard bricked htc one - Please Help

Hello,

I understand that there are many threads about bricked HTC Ones, but my case is the worst I've seen around. I spent the last week reading everything I could about this problem and couldn't find solutions.

So, here's what happened:

I have my HTC One for about 11 months. It's hard bricked since 6 days ago. It's still under manufacturer's warranty but there's important data I wanted to recover. During this time I had excessive care with my phone, never dropped, never had it in contact with water, never let the battery to be completely drained... there's not a single scratch on it - as good as the day I got from TMobile's store.

One week ago, after letting my phone charging during the night, I started using chrome, reading some news. After 1 minute of use the phone shut down completely. At that moment I had the battery 100% charged. When I tried to restart it I noticed the buttons Home and Back blinking for about 5 seconds.

The first thing that makes this case different from most of the HTC One bricked phones: I never rooted it. It was using the latest Android version, all software updated when updates became available. It was 100% stock. This seems to be a common problem for those who root and flash their phones.

I tried holding power for a long time and power + volume down... without having any success, I tried then every possible combination of the volume buttons and power, with and without the phone being connected to the original charger and also keeping the sensor under a bright light. I tried all solutions that worked to other people without any success. I don't have the red light, solid or blinking, the phone doesn't warm up when it's connected to the charger. I also tried different chargers and cables...

During the beginning of the past week I waited hoping that the battery should be drained so I could recharge it again. I didn't try to charge it too much because of that.

I read somewhere about someone who let his phone charging for 4 days and it started charging. After that I let it charging for 24 hours on the charger, after alternating between charger/computer.

When I connected it to the computer, it's detected as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLOADER 9008. When I press and hold power or power + volume down, after a few seconds the usb device is redetected, meaning that the buttons on the phone are reseting it and apparently working. When I use QPST, the phone is detected but in download state. The phone isn't detected when I use adb. Fastboot also doesn't do anything.

I still have a few days to try to solve it and my ONLY goal is to recover my data. I need to ask for a replacement to TMobile before June.

So, does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a way to change the download mode that my phone is?

I wish I could have access to the battery, it would be so much easier to remove it and restart... not to mention that an sd card would have saved me from a week worth of trouble. This is the last HTC I'll ever own.

thanks... any help will be appreciated!

Dead_One

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 923

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_one View Post
Hello,

I understand that there are many threads about bricked HTC Ones, but my case is the worst I've seen around. I spent the last week reading everything I could about this problem and couldn't find solutions.

So, here's what happened:

I have my HTC One for about 11 months. It's hard bricked since 6 days ago. It's still under manufacturer's warranty but there's important data I wanted to recover. During this time I had excessive care with my phone, never dropped, never had it in contact with water, never let the battery to be completely drained... there's not a single scratch on it - as good as the day I got from TMobile's store.

One week ago, after letting my phone charging during the night, I started using chrome, reading some news. After 1 minute of use the phone shut down completely. At that moment I had the battery 100% charged. When I tried to restart it I noticed the buttons Home and Back blinking for about 5 seconds.

The first thing that makes this case different from most of the HTC One bricked phones: I never rooted it. It was using the latest Android version, all software updated when updates became available. It was 100% stock. This seems to be a common problem for those who root and flash their phones.

I tried holding power for a long time and power + volume down... without having any success, I tried then every possible combination of the volume buttons and power, with and without the phone being connected to the original charger and also keeping the sensor under a bright light. I tried all solutions that worked to other people without any success. I don't have the red light, solid or blinking, the phone doesn't warm up when it's connected to the charger. I also tried different chargers and cables...

During the beginning of the past week I waited hoping that the battery should be drained so I could recharge it again. I didn't try to charge it too much because of that.

I read somewhere about someone who let his phone charging for 4 days and it started charging. After that I let it charging for 24 hours on the charger, after alternating between charger/computer.

When I connected it to the computer, it's detected as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLOADER 9008. When I press and hold power or power + volume down, after a few seconds the usb device is redetected, meaning that the buttons on the phone are reseting it and apparently working. When I use QPST, the phone is detected but in download state. The phone isn't detected when I use adb. Fastboot also doesn't do anything.

I still have a few days to try to solve it and my ONLY goal is to recover my data. I need to ask for a replacement to TMobile before June.

So, does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a way to change the download mode that my phone is?

I wish I could have access to the battery, it would be so much easier to remove it and restart... not to mention that an sd card would have saved me from a week worth of trouble. This is the last HTC I'll ever own.

thanks... any help will be appreciated!

Dead_One
QHSUSB_DLOAD = dead motherboard, sorry. Send it for repair, nothing can be done except to replace the board. There is an ''Advanced data recovery'' service on mobiletechvideos website for the M7. http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerce.com/htc-one-m7/

Quote:
I wish I could have access to the battery, it would be so much easier to remove it and restart... not to mention that an sd card would have saved me from a week worth of trouble.
Removing the battery will not help. A simple sync to dropbox or google drive would also saved your data.

Quote:
This is the last HTC I'll ever own.
yeah, i'm sure Asus, LG, Samsung, Moto never fails..... only HTC....
Don't blame HTC for your data loss, all devices (phones, tablets, laptops, hard drives, flash drives) will eventually die. Its our responsibility to backup important data. I understand that this is frustrating, sorry

Maybe you could ask your carrier or htc some time to send your phone for data recovery before sending it for repair?
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dead_one
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
@alray,

Thanks for your reply. I'll call Mobile Tech Videos. Do you know if they need to actually open the phone (and void the warranty) or can they do their work through the USB connection?

In regards to HTC phones, they're great and I really liked mine while it worked, don't get me wrong... but the fact that HTC phones here in the US don't have SDCards doesn't help. If my phone had it, even with a dead motherboard I could have my data back. BTW, I have some data backup, but it's from a few months back. I was going to exchange it by an samsung s4 due to the purple camera issue (I've got 3 replacements from TMobile already and none of them was good - hence the bad taste in my mouth when I say HTC) and I'd transfer the data from my phone to my computer in the same week my phone decided to die. Absolutely bad timing

thank you!

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 923

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
@alray,

Thanks for your reply. I'll call Mobile Tech Videos. Do you know if they need to actually open the phone (and void the warranty) or can they do their work through the USB connection?
I think they must open it, not 100% sure. Better to call them, they are well known here, you can trust them 100%

Good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dead_one
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
@alray

you said that QHSUSB_DLOAD = dead motherboard... there's a guy in a forum who said to be able to revert the QHSUSB_DLOAD state.

He said "Hi guys! Sorry for my bad english but i'm italian. My HTC One gone in QHSUSB_DLOAD mode 3 times (it's not a joke) and i've still it in my hands" (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2599083), 7th March 2014, 11:06 AM

I wanted to know if more people were able to unbrick their phones when the phones are in download mode.

Should I really give up trying to revive my phone?

thanks

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 923

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
@alray

you said that QHSUSB_DLOAD = dead motherboard...

I wanted to know if more people were able to unbrick their phones when the phones are in download mode.

Should I really give up trying to revive my phone?

thanks
If you did nothing to your phone, (S-ON, LOCKED bootloater, etc) there is nothing to do to revive your phone except sending it for repair. Your motherboard is defective and must be replaced. I did not hear any case of someone being able to revive its phone from qualcomm download mode.

Quote:
there's a guy in a forum who said to be able to revert the QHSUSB_DLOAD state.

He said "Hi guys! Sorry for my bad english but i'm italian. My HTC One gone in QHSUSB_DLOAD mode 3 times (it's not a joke) and i've still it in my hands" (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2599083), 7th March 2014, 11:06 AM
either because it was caused by incorrect cpu voltage like he suggested or because he have an intermittent motherboard

Unfortunately, I'm 99.9% sure there is nothing to do except replacing the motherboard.

good luck.