Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,299 Members 47,687 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lost cellular ability, what to try next?

Tip us?

FireRaider
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Lost cellular ability, what to try next?

So.... I bought a TMO Tab 10.1 and being a habitual rom flasher and tweaker I proceded to root and flash xxxx onto it the first day. Life was wonderful and everything worked fine.

But..... being a flash addict I couldn't leave well enough alone. I wanted more. I found this thread ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1336659 ) and proceeded to attempt the appearingly simple task of unlocking the subsidy lock so I could throw my ATT sim in the tablet if I wanted to. Things went terribly wrong art this point.

I followed the instructions step by step and yet now I have no cellular connection at all. Everything else seems to be working fine though.
What I need from the geniuses here on XDA is some guidance on how to restore my cellular ability. I did copy over the EFS folder to another location so I do have an original back up, but I am unsure as to how that is supposed to help? I tried copying and replacing the hacked/ modified EFS folder with the original folder after I lost connection but it did not restore my connection.
What am I missing? Should I flash a new modem? Should I just Odin back to stock and start over? Will that recover my original EFS settings or am I hosed?
Any ideas or help would be appreciated immensely.
ATT GS4 I337
Rom: SHOstock.

Galaxy S2 I777 & T989 : Daily Drivers
Rom: AOKP or some derivative, or maybe SHOstock

Captivate I-897 :backup x 3
Rom: Slim or something else

Tilt2:
Rom: FireStorm 7.4 or Android 2.2
Radio: 4.49.25.91

G1: got 3 of these now
Rom: CM6.1 or Laszlo 5.2
Radio: 2.22.27.08
Hboot: 1.33.0013d
Recovery: RA-dream-v1.7.0-cyan

Tilt :my first and favorite
Rom:NATF

FireRaider
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
So in case anyone searches for this..... I used Odin and flashed back to the stock TMO 4.04 firmware that i got from sammobile.com. I got my signal bars back and seem to have a connection of some kind as my signal bars go up and down. I also threw in an ATT sim card and it didnt reject it or ask for a unlock code.
However.. and this is a big problem, I have that stupid generic IMEI number still. You know, the one that starts 004999 so now I have to fix that. TMO hates tablets with a generic IMEI number and doesnt seem to let them on their network. I do have a backup of my efs folder so it wont be impossible, just a hassle.
ATT GS4 I337
Rom: SHOstock.

Galaxy S2 I777 & T989 : Daily Drivers
Rom: AOKP or some derivative, or maybe SHOstock

Captivate I-897 :backup x 3
Rom: Slim or something else

Tilt2:
Rom: FireStorm 7.4 or Android 2.2
Radio: 4.49.25.91

G1: got 3 of these now
Rom: CM6.1 or Laszlo 5.2
Radio: 2.22.27.08