Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,782 Members 38,200 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Looking for help getting root back...

Tip us?

TJeezey
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default Looking for help getting root back...

Hey guys, I've had my phone for a while and have s-off'd/perm rooted using firewater. While using ViperRom, I flashed faux's kernal and it removed my root. Ive tried using weaksauce's method to gain root again and while the app says im rooted, root checker says im not. Currently, im on Nv rom rls2 using rls3 checkm8 kernal. Trying to install the binaries for superSU does not work. What should be my next course of action? Thanks in advance!

adavit
Old
Thanks Meter 33
I'm pretty sure you should be able to flash the SuperSU.zip from Chainfire and get it back. Not a 100% sure though.
The Following User Says Thank You to adavit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

1ManWolfePack
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1761
Quote:
Originally Posted by adavit View Post
I'm pretty sure you should be able to flash the SuperSU.zip from Chainfire and get it back. Not a 100% sure though.
That's what I would do.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

TJeezey
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ManWolfePack View Post
That's what I would do.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW
I've tried downloading it from the play store and flashing it via recovery but no dice. Im just going to flash the stock RUU and start from scratch. Thanks for the suggestions though.

adavit
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJeezey View Post
I've tried downloading it from the play store and flashing it via recovery but no dice. Im just going to flash the stock RUU and start from scratch. Thanks for the suggestions though.
No problem. Hopefully since the RUU is already rooted it will get you back up and running.

chobungus
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJeezey View Post
I had a similar problem to you, I use this RUU and it fixed my problems.

The Stig 04
Old
(Last edited by The Stig 04; 20th May 2014 at 12:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 13
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053

You'll need the zip file to flash in recovery. Its labeled "CWM, TWRP, ODIN zip file" download that and flash.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk