Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,957 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gear Fit constant reboot

Tip us?

MrClean69
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Info 2 Gear Fit constant reboot

I took my Gear Fit off and put it on my nightstand while I took a shower, when I came back out it was in a constant reboot. I know it was charged since I had done that last night.

I tried everything I could think of, holding the power button didn't seem to do anything. What finally got it out of the reboot was hooking it up to the charger and holding the power button until I felt it vibrate twice. I had tried that earlier, but only felt one vibration and let go of the power button. So if anyone experiences this behavior, hold the power button until you feel two vibrations and hopefully yours will come back up as well.

I did have to pair it with my phone again, but all my settings were still in Fit Manager. Only had to switch screen rotation and wallpaper.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrClean69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chumpalunski
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Mine has done the same. Did it while charging. Rebooted itself and got stuck in a constant rebooting loop. I used odin to reset by flashing the firmware. It worked. Your method is a lot less time consuming.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app
Current Phones : Sprint Galaxy Note 3 Stock 4.4.2 rooted | HTC One InsertCoin
Old : Sprint Galaxy S3 CM11 | Epic Touch 4G rooted / stock FF18 | Photon AOKP | HTC EVO 4G MikG v3.11 | HTC TOUCH Incubus26Jc's Super FroYo 2.2.1
Tablets : Nexus 7 (2013) Stock 4.4.2 rooted | Nexus 7 (2012) AOKP / 4.3 stock rooted | Nook Color Dual Boot EMMC CM10.2 / Stock 1.4

SwePinnen
Old
(Last edited by SwePinnen; 26th May 2014 at 07:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default constant reboot

Edit

chumpalunski
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Get in download mode and reflash firmware thru odin.

Current Phones : Sprint Galaxy Note 3 Stock 4.4.2 rooted | HTC One InsertCoin
Old : Sprint Galaxy S3 CM11 | Epic Touch 4G rooted / stock FF18 | Photon AOKP | HTC EVO 4G MikG v3.11 | HTC TOUCH Incubus26Jc's Super FroYo 2.2.1
Tablets : Nexus 7 (2013) Stock 4.4.2 rooted | Nexus 7 (2012) AOKP / 4.3 stock rooted | Nook Color Dual Boot EMMC CM10.2 / Stock 1.4

SwePinnen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chumpalunski View Post
Get in download mode and reflash firmware thru odin.

I have searched through the forums but I have not been able to find out how you did it, so...I have to ask:
what version of odin did you use and where did you find the stock rom file for SM-R3500?
When i try to connect to kies via usb it freezes my computer so I guess that You did not use Kies at all?
Sorry for being a noob!

pRo_lama
Old
Thanks Meter 173

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwePinnen View Post
I have searched through the forums but I have not been able to find out how you did it, so...I have to ask:
what version of odin did you use and where did you find the stock rom file for SM-R3500?
When i try to connect to kies via usb it freezes my computer so I guess that You did not use Kies at all?
Sorry for being a noob!
Why do not you use the Search button And also In Gear Fit section is not so many threads so it's easy to find something.
# LG G3 (32GB)
# Google Nexus 7 (2013): OmniROM 4.4.4 - unlocked bootloader - rooted
# Samsung Gear Fit (SM-R350): R350XXU0BNE5 - black/orange strap - GFM v1.67.0523

dmcgeogs
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Ugh my PC is broke so I can't flash it and the first method isn't working

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app