Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,420 Members 37,406 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No apps?

Tip us?

admiral70
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default No apps?

Starting to wonder if anyone is going to build apps for the gear 2 neo. Not hearing much traction is that because they went to Tizen?

my opinion it's nice hardware work potential. If only I was a coder.
SmartPhone: Currently using the Samsung Galaxy S5
Wearable: Samsung Gear 2 Neo
Tablet: Motorola Xoom tablet running EOS Stingray.
Google ChromeCast

mitchellvii
Old
Thanks Meter 1,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiral70 View Post
Starting to wonder if anyone is going to build apps for the gear 2 neo. Not hearing much traction is that because they went to Tizen?

my opinion it's nice hardware work potential. If only I was a coder.
IMHO the dealkiller for the Gear 2 and Tizen is the lack of integration with Google Now and Google Maps. S-Voice is a poor replacement for the far faster and more robust Google Now and the Turn By Turn navigation app that just went live doesn't come close to Google Maps.

I wouldn't mind Samsung's decision to go proprietary whenever possible if their proprietary apps didn't suck so badly.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mitchellvii For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rEVOLVE
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellvii View Post
IMHO the dealkiller for the Gear 2 and Tizen is the lack of integration with Google Now and Google Maps. S-Voice is a poor replacement for the far faster and more robust Google Now and the Turn By Turn navigation app that just went live doesn't come close to Google Maps.

I wouldn't mind Samsung's decision to go proprietary whenever possible if their proprietary apps didn't suck so badly.
I'm hoping it's possible in the future for someone to write an app that can pipe the input and output of the watch microphone to Google Now. I would just use that instead of the built-in S-Voice.