Recognized Contributor
Flag bolton, on
Thanks Meter: 3,428

3,154 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushing

For less experienced users reading this.... The SkyRocket Roms werk on the T989 or Hercules SGS2.. all except the kernel which makes screen as well as gps orientation backwards. However I included the SkyRocket kernel so there should be no backwards orientation problems. Not all TWRP versions will likely be compatible. some versions of CWM are definately compatible as well just saying I use TWRP for the preload wipe feature .

r u sure its just the kernel to fix the rotation, i thought it also had todo with some drivers related to the screen afai can remember
The Following User Says Thank You to vincom For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #12  
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincom

r u sure its just the kernel to fix the rotation, i thought it also had todo with some drivers related to the screen afai can remember

I am not completely certain . I had a tester tell me that he just switched out the kernel and he didnt mention drivers.. So going by what he said I took SR stock kernel and replaced mine and plus the build.prop to say I727 .. I have never flashed a Skyrocket ROM and did the fix so thats why I am not able to answer with precision =]

But if anybody is having problems let me know please what they are. what recovery you are on and the like anything you might think could help with the big picture will be appreciated...

I have a lot of cool ROMs that I could post over here once I get it the port down which is a minor port if its even a port lol./ Might even make a kernel that OCs up to 2.? GHz more or less depending on this device I will prolly start at just 1890 and werk up if I go there. should be a piece of cake. will need interactive testers though../
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rushing For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2014, 05:45 AM   |  #13  
Flag Tallahassee
Thanks Meter: 444

1,322 posts
More
Works great with kernel swap. I did not have to change any drivers. I would like to try some of your other roms.

SGH-I727 Peace
Last edited by berniesteven; 14th April 2014 at 05:47 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to berniesteven For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2014, 02:36 AM   |  #14  
Quote:
Originally Posted by berniesteven

Works great with kernel swap. I did not have to change any drivers. I would like to try some of your other roms.

SGH-I727 Peace

for sure =] thanks alot btw you guys kinda owe berniesteven for me posting this ROM here.. just saying I had no intention on posting ROMs here until he suggested the notion. peace
15th April 2014, 02:55 AM   |  #15  
Flag Tallahassee
Thanks Meter: 444

1,322 posts
More
Quote:

for sure =] thanks alot btw you guys kinda owe berniesteven for me posting this ROM here.. just saying I had no intention on posting ROMs here until he suggested the notion. peace

Thank you. Mine is the easy job. All I have to do is flash and enjoy. 😃

SGH-I727 Peace
The Following User Says Thank You to berniesteven For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2014, 08:03 AM   |  #16  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 109

448 posts
More
Quote:

i remember asking when you first posted these roms in t989 thread but okay lol...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndroidGee209 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2014, 09:45 AM   |  #17  
I'm just usually too busy but he caught me at the right time. Also he was helpful with testing . It's just timing is all . But the roms I make are, imo, better now. I was spending all my time on the S4 and making kernels for the s2 was taking all my mental haha.

But I Got my One m8 and don't need to make mods for a while as I'm happy with it just debloating stock Rom is nice.

Thanks for your suggestion as well cause see it is part of the equation. Being asked two or three times is encouraging so anyone that suggested it played a part.

Hope you guys enjoy =]

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by Rushing; 22nd April 2014 at 07:50 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rushing For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #18  
Flag Festus, Mo
Thanks Meter: 13

116 posts
More
Are there going to be any updates to this I really like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app
20th May 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #19  
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbart007

Are there going to be any updates to this I really like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app

Well no ETA's =]

but, I have an improvement, its not much, I like to make the power button on the status bar invisible.

I could do that maybe add the same power button to the pull down notification panel.

kinda thought interest in this ROM died off before it took hold.

also I could dig into the kernel source at some point and whip up some big OC'd kernels as well. I did a lot to my tmo S2 kernel recorded it on git if you want to see.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rushing For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.1.2, rom, root, rushing, skyrocket
Previous Thread Next Thread