Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Root for ND8 Not Working

OP appzattak

18th May 2014, 12:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag SoCal - I.E.
Thanks Meter: 6

263 posts
More
I just got a replacement phone this morning and it came with the KK update already installed. I found this link in another thread, http://www.nasirtech.blogspot.in/201...442-stock.html

I tried this a couple of times and each time it says it worked but SU will not work at all. I also tried to flash (through ODIN) Philz Rec and it will not flash. I do not get any errors, it is just not working as expected. I also tried a different version of ODIN and still nothing.

What is the best way to get root on this bad boy? Funny in Download mode it shows that binary and system status is "custom" and warranty bit is "1" which indicates I should have a custom recovery but I don't.
18th May 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 332

406 posts
More
Not enough info to say what problems u may be having, but this is the link that I used to flash custom recovery and root...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2741413

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
18th May 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag SoCal - I.E.
Thanks Meter: 6

263 posts
More
Not sure what further info is needed? That link you provide is not for me. I already have that installed. I suppose I could use that method but was hoping to not have to reset the phone as I already set it up.
18th May 2014, 07:52 AM   |  #4  
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 10,528

5,993 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak

Not sure what further info is needed? That link you provide is not for me. I already have that installed. I suppose I could use that method but was hoping to not have to reset the phone as I already set it up.

Your binary status and custom versus official has little correlation with whether you actually have a functioning, rooted device.

You currently do not have root; and, you indicate that you have installed custom recovery? If so, have you tried flashing the latest SU from recovery?
18th May 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 332

406 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak

"...... which indicates I should have a custom recovery but I don't."

Sorry, from reading your post, I thought u were trying to flash md8 and root and that you were unsuccessful in getting a custom recovery on the phone
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
19th May 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #6  
Flag Sana'a
Thanks Meter: 27

260 posts
You should update supersu from market and open it and convert it to system app then restart.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
20th May 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #7  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,770

3,399 posts
More
Or just flash the very latest SuperSU.zip (v1.97 from what I read) then it won't be updated or moved.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII with M.O.A.R. v9.0, dkp kernel dated 3/20/2014 and TWRP v2.7.0.0.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nd8, not working, root
Previous Thread Next Thread