Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,164 Members 49,841 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HARDWARE] Power button causing bootloop

Tip us?

androidnooob98
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default [HARDWARE] Power button causing bootloop

I've been having the (seemingly common) problem of my power button getting stuck in the on position so that my phone is in a constant bootloop. I've tried pulling it apart and cleaning it with an alcohol swab, i raised the connection pins so that they would make contact with the plates on the casing but nothing has worked so far. Any ideas?

dat-hero-guy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I had the same problem. There are a few services that will replace the power button for you. A site called mobiletechvideos.com used to do it for about $30. If you're handy with a soldering iron, you could try replacing it yourself. Let me warn you, though: speaking from experience, the Infuse's motherboard has some tiny connection pads. It's a painful repair.

Another idea I had, back when mine went kaputske, was to buy a broken Infuse from eBay, and cannibalizing it for the motherboard. But with that route, you usually have no idea if the mobo works, or if the power button has the same issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to dat-hero-guy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]