After Installing NC2 Leak..

Search This thread

XxCrockxX

Sep 15, 2010
Hey guys,

Currently running the kit Kat leak. I'm rooted, with safestrap installed, everything is running smooth.. Until.. The crackflashing urge comes about.

So I have a question, I have a backup of this leak (NC2), and I realize only the stock ROM slot works currently. So actually, a few questions...

1. With me installing the leak, I've essentially given up all official OTAs correct? Unless of course I ODIN back to the previous version, MJE is it?

2. If I do install another ROM over this leak, day Hyperdrive for example, do I lose the ability to ODIN back to MJE if necessary?

3. Since this leak is semi official, is there any benefit to keeping it in the stock ROM slot?

3a. If the answer to 3 is YES, would me going to Hyperdrive, then restoring back to my backup of NC2, be sufficient to restore these benefits? Or should I just stop being impatient and wait for ROM slots?

Thanks a bunch. Been through a plethora of phones in the past 5 months, all different rooting / romming situations so I want to make sure I understand what I'm doing before I do it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
1. correct - of course you will be able to install the NC4 Stock Root when it post to Android Development section by beanstown in the near future he has reported

2. no ODIN will work fine on Hyper or any other ROM you install

3. right now SafeStrap is not working properly for any other slot but 1 there is no need to try other slots until its updated

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. correct - of course you will be able to install the NC4 Stock Root when it post to Android Development section by beanstown in the near future he has reported

2. no ODIN will work fine on Hyper or any other ROM you install

3. right now SafeStrap is not working properly for any other slot but 1 there is no need to try other slots until its updated