Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,289 Members 46,486 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One - Custom Recovery not mounting storage

Tip us?

uwaisbeard12
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HTC One - Custom Recovery not mounting storage

Hi,
I've looked everywhere for a solution but couldn't find one that helped. I was trying to flash a mod via TWRP custom recovery (followed all the instructions, wiped dalvik cache etc) but when rebooting, |the phone got stuck on the HTC One logo. I can access the custom recovery but when trying to mount storage, computer -running Windows 8- doesn't seem to do anything. Also made the mistake of not making a nandroid backup beforehand, so just need to be able to flash a ROM. Tried to adb push the file, but it gives me the error 'device not found'.

Black-FR
Old
Thanks Meter 310
Delete... Sorry, I did misread it.

nateboi81
Old
Thanks Meter 81
A lot of people have issues with getting drivers to work on Windows 8. Probably easier if you know someone who has Windows 7 and install the drivers on that

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to nateboi81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Littleschanky04
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Minimal ADB and Fastboot

Maybe you could try this one here, solved this problem for me.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317790
You can check if adb can find your phone with "adb devices". If there is none, you have to check your drivers again.
I then used adb sideload in TWRP. Start it when connected and type "adb sideload update.zip" (or whatever your zip is called). He will load the file to your root /data directory. You can install the zip from there then.
The Following User Says Thank You to Littleschanky04 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

uwaisbeard12
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks for the answers! I'll try using another computer that's not running Windows 8 - I have a feeling its a problem with the drivers.

ryan_antisocial
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same problem here, when i type fastboot devices the serial appeared but i cant push files like the stock odex rom, cant, i found out i cant access my internal memory, is there a solution for that?

Thanks!!

nateboi81
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Fastboot and adb are different. You can only adb push from in a Rom or in recovery

ryan_antisocial
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateboi81 View Post
Fastboot and adb are different. You can only adb push from in a Rom or in recovery

even in settings in twrp or cwm recovery, i cant mount my memory, is there a way to remount my memory on my phone? so that i transfer stock rom to my phone